seniors please reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missdentistry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

This site is really informative! I moving to US by this month end and gonna join u guys in the DDS race:) i am really confused whether to carry my basic science books ! the books i followed and have
1. anatomy- chaurasia
2. physiology-guyton
3.microbiology- anatharamanand panicker
4. pathology- harshmohan
5. biochem- ambika shanmugam

are these helpful for prep NBDE?

Do i have to carry any letter from my college dean towards eligibility for nbde/ or marksheets and degree certificate is enough?

Buddies please help me by giving ur valuable suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

114 views not even a single reply. i know this community isvery helpful but i think people are very busy. nile bds and others please spare some time for rookie like me

Hi Missdentistry,

Guyton is worth carrying. Rest are of no use. Instead if you can get the following books that will be great.

1. Anatomy - Snell's
2. Biochemistry- Lippincott's
3. Pathology- Kumar, Robbins
4. DA- Wheeler's
5. Micro is very completein Kaplan.

This is my opinion.

For Nbde Part2 you can bring your clinical books . They are really helpful.

Good luck & welcome to US and Yes you need your Deans Letter of Recommendation for applying to universities.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Chaurasia for Anat and it helped me a lot. I also used Kaplan for Histology and Embryology.
Kaplan review notes are really good for all the other subjects.

Hi friends,

This site is really informative! I moving to US by this month end and gonna join u guys in the DDS race:) i am really confused whether to carry my basic science books ! the books i followed and have
1. anatomy- chaurasia
2. physiology-guyton
4. pathology- harshmohan

Do i have to carry any letter from my college dean towards eligibility for nbde/ or marksheets and degree certificate is enough?

have you finished with your part1 yet ?

no i am just gonna start studying for it

no i am just gonna start studying for it

so first take the test, get toefl scores , get GPA general/ course by course evaluation reports and then follow the forums on a daily basis...
then you will be set getting into the race .

so till then don't worry about dean's / college letters or whatever it is ...

good luck

You wont need a Dean's letter for eligibility toward NBDE. Its required only if you are still in school. All the rest of your questions have been perfectly answered by others.

Hi friends,

1. anatomy- chaurasia
2. physiology-guyton
4. pathology- harshmohan

I totally agree with AKG, Also here is what I found that may help you - just my opinion.

Missdentistry makes sure you get dentaldecks 07, exams papers, kaplan, etc

1. Try to do as much as possible with trying to get some work experience in you home country. - get a recommedation from your employer
2. Also makes sure your recommendation letters are written in english and are very good. - by professors and the dean.
3. Get Originals of your transcripts in a sealed envelopes by your university.
4. Get Course by Course evaluation of ECE and WES, Usually ECE GPA is lower then WES. Most school want ECE evaluation, but some will take WES (find out ahead of time which school takes WES). When you order the ECE or WES evaulation makes sure you request extra copies in a sealed envelope for your self and send them out to universities that you are intrested in - so expense will be low. (i.e. GPA of 3.0+ is good)
5. TAKE the Part I with good prepration - AIM for score of 90+
6. GET above at least 100 on TOEFL ibt
7. Get a job as an assistant or shadow a US dentist as soon as you come to US. THEN you can join the race and MUST do the No. 8 to 11 below :)

8. Hope for Good Luck and be presistant - b/c it is a very very long long process
9. Do a plethora of Praying
10. Pray Some More...
11. Pray a little more...:)

Good Luck and Best Wishes

dentalbug

Thanks everyone for your reply!

hi dentalbug...have you given your ndbe part 1 yet..any suggestions to how to score 90 + ...except for praying really hard to God...thanks in advance..cool freak...

hi dentalbug...have you given your ndbe part 1 yet..any suggestions to how to score 90 + ...except for praying really hard to God...thanks in advance..cool freak...

I already gave Part I and II already, Try to get all the possible materials (i.e decks, kaplan, un-released questions, exams, notes, etc).

I have been accepted to UIC for the class of 2010, where I will attending starting May 08.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

I already gave Part I and II already, Try to get all the possible materials (i.e decks, kaplan, un-released questions, exams, notes, etc).

I have been accepted to UIC for the class of 2010, where I will attending starting May 08.

Good Luck

Dentalbug
how did you find a job as a dental asistant?are you in Florida?what do you recommend to do?do you need certificate for this?i.m working at this point in your list and it.s difficult .

how did you find a job as a dental asistant?are you in Florida?what do you recommend to do?do you need certificate for this?i.m working at this point in your list and it.s difficult .

I got a dental assistant job at a clinic in my town, by reference. I am not in FL, i am in MI. I know in MI and most states you do not need certificate for dental assistant, but it is easily obtainable with an exam. Try to apply to different dental office or you can try to observe/volunteer.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

I got a dental assistant job at a clinic in my town, by reference. I am not in FL, i am in MI. I know in MI and most states you do not need certificate for dental assistant, but it is easily obtainable with an exam. Try to apply to different dental office or you can try to observe/volunteer.

Good Luck

Dentalbug
thank you for your opinion,I hope I will find a DA job

Hi,

Is there any foreign graduated dentists who has got Dental Assistant job without taking NBDE I & II in New Jersey?

I am a foreign dentist ,I live in new jersey ,I am working as DA since I got my documentation.all u need is apply for jobs,if u can get an xrays license much better.

Hi Malboro,
You have mentioned about documentation. What is it & how did you get it? And tell me how to get X-ray icense?

Thanks.