Sent Letters to UCSF too ealry? really bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that my student services office at my school sent my letters to UCSF even though I told them to wait 'til I told them to send it (i haven't gotten an invite from them yet). And they seem so strict on the website "we will throw early letters away and they will not be filed in your folder" or whatever. Is that really gonna happen? Even worse, will this make my app look bad - like i can't follow directions? this happen to anyone last year and they got in maybe?

Members don't see this ad.

at worst, they'll throw them away. at best your app will be complete sooner when they give you a seconadry. don't worry about it - i'm sure they don't have time to be extremely vindictive about that kind of stuff. goodluck :)

I would like to think that they are considerate people, and are simply trying to discourage it from happening. I would also bet you are not the only one. Simply give them a call and explain your situation about the misunderstanding between the school and yourself. They will probably tell you exactly what happens in such a case, and whether or not you should send them again.

Members don't see this ad :)
They definitely will not save the letters. You will need to send them again WHEN they request them. I don't understand why this is even at question as the material I got from them last year was quite clear on the matter. However, that's not the worst that could happen...you could have annoyed them since they are so specific on the matter, but I think calling at this point would only add to it. There's really nothing to be done.

None, are you always this pessimistic? I don't think it is a big deal. I would call them up and tell them what happened. The admission's office is a pretty nice bunch overall, so I wouldn't really worry about it jeopardizing your chances or anything like that. I agree with jot...worst case scenario..they chuck them...best case..they keep em' and you have a completed application a little sooner. I think they only do that to cut down on paper work that isn't necessary. Since it was an error by your letter service..I don' t think it is a big deal at all. I don't know if you need to call and apologize though. If you do get a secondary, then I would call and inquire if your letters have arrived yet. If not, you know they chucked them. If they say yes, then send in your secondary and your application will be verified as complete.