Sent to the back of the AAMC line

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardigrasmambo123

Reaction score
One of my transcripts wasn’t accepted on a technicality so now I have to resubmit and go to the back of the line for verification. How badly is this going to impact my chances of being accepted? Is there anything I can do?

Members don't see this ad.

You were never inline at all. You dont get into the line until both AMCAS primary and all transcript have been and accepted and received. There is nothing you can do except prewrite secondares
Is it that, or did he have a problem at the verification stage, which means he WAS in line, and has already waited once to be verified? I think that is his question. If so, do you know if he would have to wait all over again, or if he would jump the line when his new transcript was received?

You were never inline at all. You dont get into the line until both AMCAS primary and all transcript have been and accepted and received. There is nothing you can do except prewrite secondares

I submitted everything 2 months ago and have been waiting since then and they just got to me today, hence the “in line” description.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it that, or did he have a problem at the verification stage, which means he WAS in line, and has already waited once to be verified? I think that is his question. If so, do you know if he would have to wait all over again, or if he would jump the line when his new transcript was received?

yes it was the verification stage

Reactions: 1 user
One of my transcripts wasn’t accepted on a technicality so now I have to resubmit and go to the back of the line for verification. How badly is this going to impact my chances of being accepted? Is there anything I can do?
How do you know you went to the back of the line?

The transcripts are supposed to be checked for "authenticity" at the receiving step. In other words, it should not have been in processing with a transcript that has an issue. If the OP was in line, that is a processor caught a transcript authenticity issue while verifying, once that has been corrected it should go back a problem queue for faster redress.

My school is resubmitting them today/tomorrow. Once that’s done would you recommend I call back, explain the situation, and asked to be placed in the problem queue? Or should O call and do that now.

My school is resubmitting them today/tomorrow. Once that’s done would you recommend I call back, explain the situation, and asked to be placed in the problem queue? Or should O call and do that now.
I think what @gonnif is saying is that will happen automatically, and you don't have to do anything, because AMCAS will know why it is being resubmitted. Your calling will be unlikely to get them to do something they weren't going to do anyway. On the other hand, if you are anxious and it makes you feel better, there is no reason you can't follow up AFTER the resubmission is marked received. Before then, there is nothing to say or do for you.

Last edited:
I think what @gonnif is saying is that will happen automatically, and you don't have to do anything, because AMCAS will know why it is being resubmitted. Your calling will be unlikely to get them to do something they weren't going to do anyway. On the other hand, if you are anxious and it makes you feel better, there is no reason you can't follow up AFTER the resubmission is marked received. Before then, there is nothing to say or do for you.

okay thanks