Sept 15?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoritis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is the importance of applying on Sept. 15 exactly? Is it a strict deadline?

Are you at a huge disadvantage to get your app in say Sept. 16 or 17?

(Not Lazy = but have a time limiting constraint that may only allow me to finish my application then, and am wondering if this is OK or I should really push to get it in by the 15th)
You realize you can finish your application today and the actual submission bit on Sept 15 takes 10 minutes at most?

I mean, Sept 15 vs 16 probably makes no difference, but I'm wondering what the time constraint issue may be.

What is the importance of applying on Sept. 15 exactly? Is it a strict deadline?

Are you at a huge disadvantage to get your app in say Sept. 16 or 17?

(Not Lazy = but have a time limiting constraint that may only allow me to finish my application then, and am wondering if this is OK or I should really push to get it in by the 15th)

There probably isn't much difference. I know some programs offer all their invites at the same time and some invites come as early as the last week in September. I'm not sure how that time table plays out internally with downloading applications, reviewing them, and then comparing them. It is conceivable that they a program offering their invites on 9/29 would only be able to review apps submitted a week before that date. Bottom line - this is all hand waving and conjecture; you just went to school for at least 4 years + how ever much money. Find the time to get the application done for 9/15 because this is what you have been working for. It is well worth being slightly less prepared for rounds for a day, or missing a lecture, or losing out on a few hours of sleep.

Yeah I would get it out ASAP. some programs really appreciate it from what I heard.