!!!! Sept-3-MCAT Club !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealDream

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured it would be more organized to see how people are doing that are taking this exam the same day as I am (by making this thread).

we have about a week left until our exam, and i should be taking exam 10 (aamc) pretty soon. Feel free to write down how you are feeling and where u stand as of today (on content review or practice exams, etccc).

:luck: goodluck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I also write on the 3rd. I've been checking in at the September United thread from time to time, but it's nice to have our own special little place to go. ;)

TTTime is just flying by, before we know it , we will be writing the test..ahhhhh .. im so sick and tired of this test, quite honestly i m so burned out , but i can go for another week until sept 3. I been taking it light this week studying for half a day instead of the whole day to make sure ---i can last ----lol---till i take the beast. i hope everyone is where they want be. ONE WEEK AND COUNTING----:D

Hi Im a retaker, first time I got a 37. Unfortunately I wasn't able to score at the range of my practice tests which have consistently over 40 (except for aamc #10, grrrr got a 12 on the verbal). Some of you may think Im crazy for doing this, but I really feel like I should have scored my highest or atleast over a 40 which is my base range. With that said good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck everyone!
I can't wait till the test is over and I can have my life back ;o)

Hi Im a retaker, first time I got a 37. Unfortunately I wasn't able to score at the range of my practice tests which have consistently over 40 (except for aamc #10, grrrr got a 12 on the verbal). Some of you may think Im crazy for doing this, but I really feel like I should have scored my highest or atleast over a 40 which is my base range. With that said good luck to you all!

Yea i may think your crazy lol, But it really comes down to you. If you think you can do better (which i think you might) then i guess go for it if thats what YOU WANT, but i highly doubt a 37 or a 40 is that much of difference, both scores indicate that you kicked aXX on the MCAT. eIther way , i wish you the best of luck.:thumbup::luck:

I also write on the 3rd. I've been checking in at the September United thread from time to time, but it's nice to have our own special little place to go. ;)

I read your concerns in the other forum about the physical science section. The first thing i would reccomened is not to stress over it, nothing will come out good from that. Also make sure you understand why you are making those mistakes? what is appealing about the wrong answer your always choosing? Once you figured that out, it should work out in your favor. Those are questions really that you have to answer your self based on how you are thinking or approaching the problem. It seems to me that you understand the concept but missing ( those 11 )questions because of miscalculations and other minor issues. I would recommend you checking your units, make sure everything cancels out and your left with the right ones. I'm scoring about a 10-11 in the physical section as well, which can be a little frustrating, but honestly my problem is with verbal.

If you can please shed light how you are approaching verbal, and what strategy are you using? How much time are you giving yourself on each passage? And are you doing all 7?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

If anyone else have a great plan for verbal , please help, im in need of it .. lol. Thanks ahead of time..

I'm taking it on the 3rd as well :eek:

Gonna take what I've got left today and saturday (AAMC 4 and 9) and fill in some writing practice (haven't really done anything regarding writing) as well as EK 30 minute exams. Oh, and some good meals and sleep. We'll see...

good luck to everyone during the last set of days!

I read your concerns in the other forum about the physical science section. The first thing i would reccomened is not to stress over it, nothing will come out good from that. Also make sure you understand why you are making those mistakes? what is appealing about the wrong answer your always choosing? Once you figured that out, it should work out in your favor. Those are questions really that you have to answer your self based on how you are thinking or approaching the problem. It seems to me that you understand the concept but missing ( those 11 )questions because of miscalculations and other minor issues. I would recommend you checking your units, make sure everything cancels out and your left with the right ones. I'm scoring about a 10-11 in the physical section as well, which can be a little frustrating, but honestly my problem is with verbal.

If you can please shed light how you are approaching verbal, and what strategy are you using? How much time are you giving yourself on each passage? And are you doing all 7?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

If anyone else have a great plan for verbal , please help, im in need of it .. lol. Thanks ahead of time..

Thanks for the advice. It's just so frustrating. I don't understand why I can't seem to get it.

For me, verbal is all about intuition. I don't time myself per passage, but only because I've never had trouble finishing. I usually end with about 5 minutes left, so I guess that works out to just under eight minutes a passage. I know I tend to take longer on the first couple, it takes me a bit to get warmed up and in the groove of things, and then I move more quickly (probably about 7 minutes a passage on the last 4). (A disclaimer here though, I'm naturally a really fast reader. I'm one of those annoying people whose been reading since they were two and can finish a several hundred page book in a day.)

Although I don't time per passage, timing is part of my strategy. When I work through the passages I take enough time to reason through each question until I happy with an answer. I try not to mark things to come back to later. IMO, you get into more trouble trying to come back and change answers because you end up way over thinking things, so I just try and give myself enough time the first time through. Also, when I feel myself agonizing over a question I force myself to pick an answer and move on. If I haven't figured it out after two minutes of thought I'm not going to get it after three either.

My biggest strategy for answering questions is scope, scope, scope. Usually there are at least two answers you can rule out because some detail in the wording is too specific for the passage. I always try and rule out answer choices based on the scope of a passage before I go back through and look for details. When I get caught on a question, I go through each answer choice and ask myself, "what would need to be in the passage to support this answer?" or "what kinds of examples and counter-examples would I expect to see used in support of this idea?" If the support isn't in the passage, it isn't the right answer. This is my best way to rule out options. Then, when in doubt, I choose the most general/least specific answer.

This is all based on intuition I've developed over the past couple weeks, so it's more of a frame of mind that works for me, then generalizable suggestions. Maybe it will help though... I've found the EK VR 101 book to have questions most similar to the AAMC stuff, but the Kaplan's passages have seemed more similar in topic area. (Again, a disclaimer, I'm using Kaplan stuff from 2003/2005 that a friend is lending me, so their content may have changed by now.)

Good Luck!!! :luck:

Another comment on verbal strategy:
I got an 8 on my verbal section last summer, but now that I've switched strategies I'm getting 10s and 11s on practice tests. Kaplan has you writing all this crap for every section such that you are spending so much time thinking about what you're writing that you're not really thinking about the passage and what the author thinks- at least that's what was happening to me.
So- my strategy is to go through and read through the questions quickly, which gives me a really good idea about the topic of the passage and what I'll need to keep an eye out for, this takes about 20 seconds. Then I read the passage for comprehension, sometimes rereading a sentence or two if I don't get it right away, and then I head into the questions. Since I've spent more time reading the passage I can usually trust my idea of the right answer, unless it is something specific that I can refer back to the passage about. I try to limit my references back to the passage so that I'm not taking too much time and not analyzing too much. This has helped me soo much, and I feel pretty confident in my answers as I'm going along, which in turn helps me score better.
Oh- plus- I don't have to write a thing, so my eyes never leave the passage.
Good luck all.

Another comment on verbal strategy:
I got an 8 on my verbal section last summer, but now that I've switched strategies I'm getting 10s and 11s on practice tests. Kaplan has you writing all this crap for every section such that you are spending so much time thinking about what you're writing that you're not really thinking about the passage and what the author thinks- at least that's what was happening to me.
So- my strategy is to go through and read through the questions quickly, which gives me a really good idea about the topic of the passage and what I'll need to keep an eye out for, this takes about 20 seconds. Then I read the passage for comprehension, sometimes rereading a sentence or two if I don't get it right away, and then I head into the questions. Since I've spent more time reading the passage I can usually trust my idea of the right answer, unless it is something specific that I can refer back to the passage about. I try to limit my references back to the passage so that I'm not taking too much time and not analyzing too much. This has helped me soo much, and I feel pretty confident in my answers as I'm going along, which in turn helps me score better.
Oh- plus- I don't have to write a thing, so my eyes never leave the passage.
Good luck all.

That sounds like a great plan, i will definitely try it. Thank you.:):thumbup:

So, I had my first MCAT nightmare last night.

I was at the test center and each testing station was in a separate room, and instead of the normal computer/desk set-up there was an itty-bitty laptop on a 2 ft tall stool and a metal folding chair. Also, there was a proctor sitting about a foot away in one of those giant leather desk chairs. The last thing I remember is sitting hunched over the laptop with the proctor literally breathing down my neck thinking "oh crap." :eek:

Fun times...

So, I had my first MCAT nightmare last night.

I was at the test center and each testing station was in a separate room, and instead of the normal computer/desk set-up there was an itty-bitty laptop on a 2 ft tall stool and a metal folding chair. Also, there was a proctor sitting about a foot away in one of those giant leather desk chairs. The last thing I remember is sitting hunched over the laptop with the proctor literally breathing down my neck thinking "oh crap." :eek:

Fun times...
lol oooo noo..I hope that doesnt happen, that would suck majorily.

well i had a dream ---but that was last week,

I went to the testing center, only to find it in an old building probably built in the 1800s. There was no laptops , just old crappy moniters. They also had no chair for us to sit on, we had to take the test standing up. SO i went to the proctor and i asked him why there wasn't any chair for us to sit on. Well he said----" look their son, aamc came out with this rule like literally yesterday night (sept 2), its a rule that i must follow or i will lose my job. i have 16 kids, Do you want me lose my job?" i felt bad for him so i said no i dont, but what if i get tired standing up?. He looked at me and said ---u wont, u had all summer to get used to it--. So i moved on and i didnt wnat argue with him. The sad part is that the moniters where about 4 feet from the floor , so we had to lean down for the whole 5 hours during the test. iT was An awful feeling. i started flipping around the bed in my sleep, thinking the dream was real. At last some how i woke up and realized it was all a dream. THANK GOD..:hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally!! I was waiting for this one to come up :).

Good luck to everyone on the 3rd.

P.S. the guy with the 37 is worrying me! hes going to mess the curve :p

Just Kidding ...Dont kill me!! :eek:

I'm wondering if anyone here has looked at the August 26th MCAT thread....People have a lot to say about the way their test went and after reading it for a while yesterday I got a bit scared (Go look for yourself if you dont believe me :rolleyes: )

Anyway...I was thinking of a generic calming down strategy. I dont really know how well I'm prepared right now. I mean I've re-read all the topics 2 times at least...I have a relatively sound intuition and sometimes it even works for the physical sciences section....so Im hoping I score around the 10-11 mark on the science sections....

Verbal...I think the good lord would have some trouble predicting how thats gonna go...so I'm leaving it all there...

Just wondering how vital it is to score this time...Is this the first MCAT for the rest of you guys too or are there any retakers (apart from Humble Master) ? If it is then what do u guys plan to do if things dont turn out to be the way you expect? I mean ....are you planning to retake it...Is a bad score going to throw you off track big time?

I'm wondering if anyone here has looked at the August 26th MCAT thread....People have a lot to say about the way their test went and after reading it for a while yesterday I got a bit scared (Go look for yourself if you dont believe me :rolleyes: )

Anyway...I was thinking of a generic calming down strategy. I dont really know how well I'm prepared right now. I mean I've re-read all the topics 2 times at least...I have a relatively sound intuition and sometimes it even works for the physical sciences section....so Im hoping I score around the 10-11 mark on the science sections....

Verbal...I think the good lord would have some trouble predicting how thats gonna go...so I'm leaving it all there...

I haven't been reading the other MCAT club threads lately. I got freaked out by one (I think the 7/18 maybe?) where a bunch of people scored way under their practice average on the real deal. Just the mere thought of that has me hyperventilating and about to cry, so I figured it was best to remove myself from the influence.

I've been trying to deal with the stress by thinking "tough" about the exam. I refuse to let 146 CBT questions stand between me and something I've wanted for as long as I can remember. There's a right answer in there for every question and I'm sure as hell capable of spotting it.

As far as test day goes... I've always been the type of person to cave under pressure, but the good part there is that I've had a lot of practice dealing with anxiety. :rolleyes: I've got all kinds of weird little rituals and stuff that I do to keep me calm.

Just wondering how vital it is to score this time...Is this the first MCAT for the rest of you guys too or are there any retakers (apart from Humble Master) ? If it is then what do u guys plan to do if things dont turn out to be the way you expect? I mean ....are you planning to retake it...Is a bad score going to throw you off track big time?

This is my first time taking the test. To be honest, in general I think people on SDN over-inflate the idea that it's fine to keep retaking until you get the score you want. I know many will disagree with me here, but I'm basing that on what I've gathered from talking to people who actually play a role in the admissions process.

While I have every intention of going into the exam and rocking it :D, I'm planning on voiding if I get totally off track, don't finish a section, etc. I'd rather have no score than a bad score. That said, if I do submit but end up with a lower score than I need, I will retake, but probably not until next summer (I'm not applying this cycle).

I don't think it would throw me off track big time to have to retake, but it might delay things. The bf and I are trying to balance his grad school and med school for me, so if my scores aren't good enough to get me in right away we might pursue his end of things first and put med school off another year or to. I dunno though, it's a little much to contemplate at this point...

Good luck to all, and enjoy the holiday weekend! :luck:

You will do just fine, this is my first time taking this exam as well and i am applying this cycle. However i feel that i have to do good on this exam because of the fact that iam applying this year. That being sad, if i find myself doing really poorly during the exam, then yes i will void. But i really hope that doesn't happen. Voiding this exam would mean that i have to retake next year, which honestly would suck if i have to study for this stupid test again. Im trying not to think like that, i have that mindset that i will walk in and kick azz, but who knows what will happen lol.

The way i look at it, its not the end of the world if you have to retake, but it would just mean delay delay delay. My biggest advice To YOU, is to void the exam if you KNOW u did verYYY POORLYYY, its better then ending up with a very low scoreee. That would raise RED FLAGS to the admission people. BUt im sure u will do fine.

As far as calming down strategy--well i honestly dont think i have one---i will try to go in with the mindset , that this is just another practice test, if i do bad its not the end of the world.

I've been trying to deal with the stress by thinking "tough" about the exam. I refuse to let 146 CBT questions stand between me and something I've wanted for as long as I can remember. There's a right answer in there for every question and I'm sure as hell capable of spotting it.

Way to go....I like the spirit here. Its quite positive. Good luck on the test.

This is my first time taking the test. To be honest, in general I think people on SDN over-inflate the idea that it's fine to keep retaking until you get the score you want. I know many will disagree with me here, but I'm basing that on what I've gathered from talking to people who actually play a role in the admissions process.

While I have every intention of going into the exam and rocking it :D, I'm planning on voiding if I get totally off track, don't finish a section, etc. I'd rather have no score than a bad score. That said, if I do submit but end up with a lower score than I need, I will retake, but probably not until next summer (I'm not applying this cycle).

I don't think it would throw me off track big time to have to retake, but it might delay things. The bf and I are trying to balance his grad school and med school for me, so if my scores aren't good enough to get me in right away we might pursue his end of things first and put med school off another year or to. I dunno though, it's a little much to contemplate at this point...

Good luck to all, and enjoy the holiday weekend! :luck:

I'm not sure if I'll void it. Partially because I'm thinking that it would be hard to judge how well/bad I've done. But I see your point...if you think that it actually did go bad then voiding would probably be the right thing to do...

if I don't get a good score then things will be delayed for me as well. Ive already graduated from college (after getting a double major) and have a postbacc position at NIH. While I can work for 2 years i want to get on with life and not end up stalling things too much. if things dont go well this time then it is obvious that I'll be applying in the next cycle for fall 2010. That would suck to say the least....

Anyway...Lets hope we all do good...Its nice to know that there are people here on sdn who empathize a bit...It eases the pain a bit :).

:luck: to all of you. Lets hope we're all in a :hardy: mood after it...:D

You will do just fine, this is my first time taking this exam as well and i am applying this cycle. However i feel that i have to do good on this exam because of the fact that i am applying this year. That being sad, if i find myself doing really poorly during the exam, then yes i will void. But i really hope that doesn't happen. Voiding this exam would mean that i have to retake next year, which honestly would suck if i have to study for this stupid test again. Im trying not to think like that, i have that mindset that i will walk in and kick azz, but who knows what will happen lol.

The way i look at it, its not the end of the world if you have to retake, but it would just mean delay delay delay. My biggest advice To YOU, is to void the exam if you KNOW u did verYYY POORLYYY, its better then ending up with a very low scoreee. That would raise RED FLAGS to the admission people. BUt im sure u will do fine.

As far as calming down strategy--well i honestly dont think i have one---i will try to go in with the mindset , that this is just another practice test, if i do bad its not the end of the world.

I really hope that it doesnt come down to voiding! :scared:

I wonder how much of a red flag it would actually be...I mean Ive known people who've retaken the test and got accepted... It is a very subjective thing to predict on because every applicant is different when you look at their file. If someone scores a 26 the first time and then goes on to score a 36 the next time it is laudable in my opinion. It goes to show many things about the person...but yes of course going in with the mindset that you'll do bad is not helping at all...

The fact that I'm applying this cycle is a bit unnerving because its like we have one and only one shot but I guess it'll be ok.We'll all kick ass...

:D Go sept. 3 test takers!! :D

Another Sept. 3rd 1st timer here! Scared but also looking forward to just getting this beast over with. Good luck everyone!!! We're almost there...

Finally!! I was waiting for this one to come up :).

Good luck to everyone on the 3rd.

P.S. the guy with the 37 is worrying me! hes going to mess the curve :p

Just Kidding ...Dont kill me!! :eek:

I wouldn't be too concerned about the poster who claims the 37 and is sitting for the retake. They only have one post in their history...and a 37 is beyond the average of every medical school in the world.
Just focus on you and do your best :luck:

PS: by the way--you guys are all taking the MCAT on my mom's birthday !! =]

Last edited:
So, is everybody feeling ready for Wednesday?

I just finished my last practice test about an hour ago, now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do for the next day and half ... just wait, I guess. At this point I just want to get it over with!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the poster who claims the 37 and is sitting for the retake. They only have one post in their history...and a 37 is beyond the average of every medical school in the world.
Just focus on you and do your best :luck:

PS: by the way--you guys are all taking the MCAT on my mom's birthday !! =]

I don't care if you believe me or not, there is no need to be jealous. Than again I'm grateful for people like you, they tend to help the curve.

I took my last practice test yesterday. Now I'm trying to stay strong and get a last day of review (going over the areas which have consistently appeared throughout my practice tests as problem areas), but I'm really not sure if it's worth much at this point. I've been working on my sleeping pattern so I'll probably be dead in 5 or so hours.

What are is everyone's plans for tomorrow? I think I'm going to wake up, exercise a bit, watch a movie, go to class (summer school), and then get some errands done. Do a few flash cards for 30 minutes or so at one point, and then just chill and avoid taking any naps.

I don't care if you believe me or not, there is no need to be jealous. Than again I'm grateful for people like you, they tend to help the curve.

I think we all know that I was kidding :D

Anyway...Good luck to everyone...Hope we all do good...I'm starting to get a few butterflies :p

I think we all know that I was kidding :D

Anyway...Good luck to everyone...Hope we all do good...I'm starting to get a few butterflies :p
im takin it tommorow too!!! hope it goes well!! i was just wondering is the curve on the AAMC ones close to the real thing?? cuz i feel its a bit too harsh!! just missed 3 on the PS but ended up getting a 13???? makes me worried cuz ur gonna have those wierd questions when u gonna miss?

definitely harder than AAMC test. I think it is true that the later you take the MCAT the tougher the make it. Took longer than I normally do and the physics was probably the hardest.

Umm... Okay... That was interesting...

:eyebrow::shifty::smack::shrug:

That's about all I've got right now.

Congratulation everyone, you are now done! :hardy: I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone about our TOS and AAMC regulations:

Do not discuss specific questions.

The AAMC takes this very seriously.

Please use common sense when posting on the SDN forums. Copyrighted materials (which include MCAT questions) should not be posted without the express consent of the copyright holder (the AAMC).

Additionally, by discussing specific questions, you may be giving an unfair advantage to future MCAT examinees.

Because posting copyrighted material on SDN is a violation of our Terms of Service (TOS), we will close threads or delete posts when we are notified of copyright violations. Repeated violations will result in closure of accounts and possible IP bans.
If you do see someone who you think is violating any rules, please do NOT quote them. The best thing to do is to report their post and let us deal with the situation before the AAMC does. Remember, this is for your own protection. If you are unsure of what would consider a violation, you could PM either me or any of the other mods. I encourage anyone to remove comments that describe or hint a question on your test.

Acceptable posts:
  • I had a passage on circuits and I thought it was hard
  • The writing section can be discussed
  • I had an easy orgo passage about nucleophilicity.

Unacceptable posts:
  • Are there two or three bonds on this compound
  • Do you remember what the question on circuits was about?
  • What questions do you remember
  • Quoting unacceptable posts from other users

:luck::luck:Anyways, Best of Luck People:luck::luck:
You are now done!

I think the nerves got me....I kinda knew the answers but was too slow....ended up missing a few questions in the end :scared::(:mad::bullcrap::annoyed::bang::smack:

Verbal...Now i dont know anything about that...was it godo or bad...time'll tell...

BS was great though...What do you guys think...? I'm feeling really good about BS...so maybe it'll pull me through

i want a breather and a nap right now (my head hurtsssss), i will give my full review and assementt later today (when i wake up) on the test and on every sectionnnnnnnnn. I will have a long summary for u guys . till then. ahh ok later im sleepy now.

Congratulations on being finished, everyone! Have an enjoyable month off! Please remember to stay on "acceptable topics" when you are discussing your experience... there's a great list BloodySurgeon posted if you have any questions. If you aren't sure if something is okay, assume it isn't.

Best of :luck::luck::luck: on your results!!

would have been fine except for that stupid guys cell phone that went off during verbal and no one would own up to it / the invigilator yelling

would have been fine except for that stupid guys cell phone that went off during verbal and no one would own up to it / the invigilator yelling

ooooh wow, how'd that even get inside the testing area? Our testing site was crazy about this kind of thing - no purses, bags, sweatshirts, anything. I'm so sorry, hope it didn't throw you off!

So I got rocked on verbal, I nearly had a panic attack as I was going through because...god damn. I'm begging that my verbal score stays stable.

Otherwise though, I was kind of shocked that some of the passages seemed like they were ripped directly from kaplan's book. As I was reading one or two of them I remember saying to myself "wait...haven't I read this before?" I didn't think physics was too bad, but chem was kind of...eh.

I do agree that BS wasn't too worrying. I wish I had practiced doing essays in between the BS and VR section because I nearly lost it at the end there. I kept telling myself "you can write a freaking essay easy"

there was a FIRE ALARM or something really annoying and loud going on for the first 10-15 minutes of PS..really threw me off and ended up having like 15 minutes for the last two passages..i hardly read them and just answered the questions based on logic and prior knowledge

...wish me luck

there was a FIRE ALARM or something really annoying and loud going on for the first 10-15 minutes of PS..really threw me off and ended up having like 15 minutes for the last two passages..i hardly read them and just answered the questions based on logic and prior knowledge

...wish me luck

So many uncontrollables for you Sept 3'rs!! :(:( Good luck!!

...wish me luck

are you send in a complaint to aamc? 15 minutes is a long time!

Congrats to those who are done! My head weighs a ton right now, not in an emotional sense... just absolutely wiped out.

My timing worked out pretty darn well today. I had some time left over with BS and almost walked out early, but I decided I never wanted to be in that room again so I stuck around and looked over stuff more.

Testing center was great. The staff were really friendly, ran everything efficiently, and there were no uncontrollables. The building also had a pretty sweet courtyard where I took my breaks and mellowed out.

Overall, I feel pretty alright. I prepared myself for feeling horrible so maybe it's just the contrast with that :laugh:

We'll see in a month!!!

w00t :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

With 18 minutes to go the 2 paragraphs I wrote on the first essay got deleted.....

It was the rudest, meanest lesson ever learned...Always SAVE the ESSAY!!:smack:

I found the PS section to be really good and the VS and BS to be challenging.. I seem to disagree with other people on here though.. who knows

PS - it was okay. i guessed on 1 passage because it was slowing me down... didn't get an opportunity to go back and complete it. overall, slightly tougher than the AAMC ones, i think. but i was already expecting 2 harder passages, so i knew not to waste too much time on them and just try to get the easy points.

VR - omg... i think my passages went from hard to easy... i wasted 10 mins on the first passage but still ended up guessing on 4 of 6 questions... i had 10 mins left with 2 passages remaining. wasn't sure which one to do, so i half-assed both because they seemed pretty straightforward. should have just done the easier passage that also has more questions, in retrospect. i already knew i suck at this section, though. i can't do verbal on cbt.

WS - whatever... just completed the tasks and then added sentences here and there to lengthen it... i find this section kind of silly...

BS - i think i had only one orgo passage...!? it wasn't a hard one either... so i'm feeling pretty good about this section. i didn't have trouble with any of the passages.

PS - it was okay. i guessed on 1 passage because it was slowing me down... didn't get an opportunity to go back and complete it. overall, slightly tougher than the AAMC ones, i think. but i was already expecting 2 harder passages, so i knew not to waste too much time on them and just try to get the easy points.

VR - omg... i think my passages went from hard to easy... i wasted 10 mins on the first passage but still ended up guessing on 4 of 6 questions... i had 10 mins left with 2 passages remaining. wasn't sure which one to do, so i half-assed both because they seemed pretty straightforward. should have just done the easier passage that also has more questions, in retrospect. i already knew i suck at this section, though. i can't do verbal on cbt.

WS - whatever... just completed the tasks and then added sentences here and there to lengthen it... i find this section kind of silly...

BS - i think i had only one orgo passage...!? it wasn't a hard one either... so i'm feeling pretty good about this section. i didn't have trouble with any of the passages.

PS was harder than aamc...agreed!

BS was about the same style/ difficulty

summary:

physical science: very hard i thought, much harder then any aamc phycics and general chemistry ive taken. One general chemistry passage killed me , the physics was okay overall. overall not happy at all with this section hoping for the best. DEfinietly the hardest section, HANDS DOWN..im worried here.:( im hoping 4 a big curve here as well.

Verbal section: very happy that i finished all the passage, timing is usually an issue for me but not todayyyy.. the passages were very interesting..:confused:/:) but i dont know..

writing: very easy prompts:)

biology/orgo: very few orgo, mainly bio, GREAT. went very well, better then i anticipated:). hopefully i didn't do any stupid mistakes. alot of critical thinking, tested variety of topics.

overall, im okay i guess..well see in a month.. score can be anywhere..

note:
for those that havent posted ur assesments on each section, and took it today could you please do so. THANKS ahead time..whoohoo were done..

Last edited: