September 15 "deadline" - is it that important?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polymyxin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to submit on September 15? I only have 1 LOR uploaded, and need a day or two to finalize my PS. Do program directors start reading through applications Sep 16?

Members don't see this ad.

Although I cannot speak for all programs, I doubt many programs care whether your application was submitted on Sept 15th.

On the other hand, you've had months to get your PS and LOR's together. Why would they not be done today? (This is a rhetorical question)

Reactions: 1 user
I also only have 1 LOR uploaded at this time, but everything else on my ERAS is done, so I went ahead and submitted anyways. I will just assign the remaining LORs when they get uploaded.

Although I cannot speak for all programs, I doubt many programs care whether your application was submitted on Sept 15th.

On the other hand, you've had months to get your PS and LOR's together. Why would they not be done today? (This is a rhetorical question)
PS I agree.

LORs on the other hand... there's only so much harassment we can do. Sometimes they take a while to get done.

September 15th is not a deadline, which is important to keep in mind. It is the opening of certification and downloading capabilities. You are fine! Just get things up in the next few days.