Polymyxin

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2014
Status
MD/PhD Student
How important is it to submit on September 15? I only have 1 LOR uploaded, and need a day or two to finalize my PS. Do program directors start reading through applications Sep 16?

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Although I cannot speak for all programs, I doubt many programs care whether your application was submitted on Sept 15th.

On the other hand, you've had months to get your PS and LOR's together. Why would they not be done today? (This is a rhetorical question)

Reactions: inmyslumber

xPhantom

Photographer & Bboy
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2011
Omaha, NE
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I also only have 1 LOR uploaded at this time, but everything else on my ERAS is done, so I went ahead and submitted anyways. I will just assign the remaining LORs when they get uploaded.

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Although I cannot speak for all programs, I doubt many programs care whether your application was submitted on Sept 15th.

On the other hand, you've had months to get your PS and LOR's together. Why would they not be done today? (This is a rhetorical question)
PS I agree.

LORs on the other hand... there's only so much harassment we can do. Sometimes they take a while to get done.

mrmatt

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
TN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
September 15th is not a deadline, which is important to keep in mind. It is the opening of certification and downloading capabilities. You are fine! Just get things up in the next few days.