September 2015 MCAT, too late to reschedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distillation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I will make it brief. I took the MCAT once before and scored a 24, a bit lower than what I was getting on practice exams. I spent the past few months preparing to take the Sep. 11, 2015 MCAT, so I can apply for some postbacc and SMP programs. I have definitely made progress, but I don't think my improvement is significant enough. Now I am stuck wondering would it be better to just score this exam or void if I feel like I didn't do well on test day. Ultimately, it is a question of what would cause less harm: 2 subpar MCAT scores, or 1 subpar MCAT and a void?

Please help me out. I am struggling with this. And it has detracted from my studying for a few weeks now. Just constantly worrying about the result instead of focusing on the test at hand.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I will make it brief. I took the MCAT once before and scored a 24, a bit lower than what I was getting on practice exams. I spent the past few months preparing to take the Sep. 11, 2015 MCAT, so I can apply for some postbacc and SMP programs. I have definitely made progress, but I don't think my improvement is significant enough. Now I am stuck wondering would it be better to just score this exam or void if I feel like I didn't do well on test day. Ultimately, it is a question of what would cause less harm: 2 subpar MCAT scores, or 1 subpar MCAT and a void?

Please help me out. I am struggling with this. And it has detracted from my studying for a few weeks now. Just constantly worrying about the result instead of focusing on the test at hand.

Voids can't be seen, so 1 subpar MCAT score is much better than 2. Void the exam for sure, and keep studying for it and take it when you feel better about your practice scores. Don't let up on the studying though because you now have more time.

It's clear though you shouldn't score the one in September though. Take it in January or the Spring.