September too late for taking GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glasscandie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Initially I was going to take it in late June, but my summer internship is starting up June 19th, and I just have no idea when I'd do it, and I want at least a week of solid reviewing before I go in to take it (I've been preparing for a few months now, but I'd still like to get my quant score up a bit more).

My thought was to take it the first week of September, and should I need to re-take it (I will cry if I have to lol I'm so sick of looking at quant questions), I'd have enough time to do that in late October/early November.

Luckily I don't have to take the psych. GRE for any of the schools I'm applying to (optional), so this is it.

Members don't see this ad.

nope... not really.

Just be advised that it does take about 3-4 weeks for them to mail your results and also have them available for schools.

I remember when I took the psych GRE i was getting kind of worried b/c it took 4 weeks and it was almost the end of November.

I remember when I took the psych GRE i was getting kind of worried b/c it took 4 weeks and it was almost the end of November.

I was in the same boat. And if you're planning to take the psych GRE keep this in mind as the April date has already passed and the October date is the only one remaining where you'll get the scores in time. Taking the October test added a LOT of stress to my application process.

But as for the general test you'll be fine especially since you will know your scores when you walk out and thus will be able to complete your applications even before you get the official report.

EDIT: I mean, you can complete the Q&A applications since many schools won't consider your application until they get the official ETS report. But you'll have those in plenty of time before Dec 1st also.