Serious question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polynikes

You're gonna need a bigger boat.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else always tired? I have a pretty full schedule as far as school, team practice, etc., and I'm am always physically and mentally exhausted...

Anyone else feel this way? It's like, every single night that I get home, I'm a freaking dead man...

Anyone else like this?

:sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

Polynikes said:
Anyone else always tired? I have a pretty full schedule as far as school, team practice, etc., and I'm am always physically and mentally exhausted...

Anyone else feel this way? It's like, every single night that I get home, I'm a freaking dead man...

Anyone else like this?

:sleep:

I can empathize. My weeks are always so full. I usually get home late. The one day I don't have anything to go to, I just stay home and watch TV, which means many things do not get done. And to top it all off, it's my last semester of college too! I guess that's what I get for applying a year late. :(

I'm gonna make my presence felt here buddy...YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!! i am feeling the same way. I am ready to give up school and begin summering up! im so pumped for some Vitamin D...

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that it's not only a factor of volume, but one of intensity too...

Obviously, we all want to get straight A's and learn everything we can, as our future will depend on it...

So, I believe that a lot us take things too seriously...

I'm actually going to try and make it a point to calm down with everything. This is not to say that I'm going to quit studying or anything, but I'm going to relax a little more...

exhausted. need a break

Yes I had 6 finals last week. 2 of them papers and 2 of them essay finals and the other 2 normal written response to questions. So im finally getting a good amount of rest and im no longer mentally exhausted.

not really tired - i just don't care anymore.

OP,

ur definately not alone. you mentioned team practice so i'm guessing your an athlete also. I play Varsity football for the college, and also am part of the track team. being a premed we also have to volunteer and conduct research. so yeah just know that ur not alone out there. one big piece of advice i can give you is to go to some of your teammates that are in the same situation to confide in, since they understand whats goin on. There aren't many premeds on my football team but there are a couple on my track team. hope some of this helped ya to feel not so alone

I was in Army ROTC for a few semesters and a chemistry major to boot, so labs + 5:30 AM PT sessions + EC's was meaning that I was only getting about 5 hours of sleep a night...not the best choice for my GPA. I suddenly made dean's list when I started sleeping and quit ROTC.

Now I'm just sick and tired of my job and can't wait until July 31st when school starts.

I am a walking zombie because of insomnia.

Constantly tired. All. The. Time. ALL the time.
I am two years out of college now, working full time 8-10 h/day and some weekends at a job where I'm on my feet all the time, lifting stuff and running around, and talking to people every 5 min. I am more tired than I ever, ever was in College at any point, regardless of sleep deprivation or no sleep deprivation. Probably part of it is that I haven't had a vacation in these two years.

And the worst part is, I get the nagging feeling that we're never going to NOT feel tired ever again. :(

Sorry. That wasn't a very cheerful thought.

Yes, I understand that I will be this tired for years on end...

Why do I have to be motivated? Why can't I just be a bum and sit on the couch and smoke pot all day? You know, not give a care in the world and shack up with some idiot woman who's a slacker too?

God it sucks to have drive!

I think tired is my perpetual state of being as of late.... so I feel your pain OP.

I feel your pain OP. I work 40 hrs/ week in a lab and then work nights at Starbucks. Thus, I get about 4 hrs of sleep a night...At least I get free coffee at work!!! My BCC (blood caffiene concentration) is off the charts as you can imagine. I just wrote this whole post in under 5 seconds...

nevermind.

You just need more rest.

I experienced this constantly in undergrad, mostly due to poor time management. I think it even got to a point where I was doing 36 to 48-hour stretches with no sleep. My roommate found me sleeping under my desk since I fell asleep in my chair and slouched all the way to the floor and didn't have the energy to get myself to the bed. He genuinely thought for a second that I died the way I was sprawled on the floor, heh.

I've become a lot more disciplined since then. Med school will still kick my ass, but I still think I'll fare a lot better physically/mentally if I learn to stop wasting time.