SESAP audio companion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opr8n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have you listened to it
use it to study
find it helpful
????

Members don't see this ad.

have you listened to it
use it to study
find it helpful
????

Someone suggested that I could listen to it while sitting in my car going somewhere.

So I tried once. Man, is that $hit boring. I mean, there's not even an ounce of entertainment packed into those CDs.

I couldn't do it. I'd much rather listen to music while sitting in traffic. That's my "me" time.

Pretty boring is right. I borrowed them from our library to try to study while in the car. I could only last about 5 minutes and then I was at risk for falling asleep at the wheel or I'd get home and not remember at all what they were talking about. Too easy to zone out. I think it's better for keeping up to date, then for actually learning it for the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty boring is right. I borrowed them from our library to try to study while in the car. I could only last about 5 minutes and then I was at risk for falling asleep at the wheel or I'd get home and not remember at all what they were talking about. Too easy to zone out. I think it's better for keeping up to date, then for actually learning it for the first time.

I used to listen to them before boards...while laying in bed snuggled under the covers.

Although the environment was right, I suspect the tapes had a little to do with curing my insomnia!:D

At least the NY GS Review (the ones I sold to Blade) were a little more interesting...every now and then one of the old guys makes an inappropriate comment or joke.

At least the NY GS Review (the ones I sold to Blade) were a little more interesting...every now and then one of the old guys makes an inappropriate comment or joke.

Yeah, they're actually quite good! A few passes and I'll have memorized this stuff! :thumbup:

Yeah, they're actually quite good! A few passes and I'll have memorized this stuff! :thumbup:

You mean the inappropriate comments and jokes, right? :)

But seriously, are the NY GS Review tapes lectures or are they the same kind of boring, stuffy talk a la Charlie Rose that's on the SESAP Audio stuff?

They are real lectures; sometimes stuffy, sometimes interesting.

That's way better than SESAP then. I'd much rather listen to a lecture during a drive than listen to a pseudo talk show based on surgery. That SESAP stuff is way out there. It's presented in an interview format and the people they get for this thing just have zero personality. The interviewer included! At least have that guy be entertaining!

If anyone has a used SESAP 14 or 15 audio companion set, let me know, I am looking for one. Thnx