several questions regarding DAT scores, and :( :($$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohdearhopeipass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, so i will start with the easier question:
1) i read on a thread here that they some schools... ie UW, UNLV, UMB.. like the schools i am applying to:mad:... will not hold on to your DAT scores if they arrive before your application. well i wrote my DAT on June 9th, so do you guys think i will have to resend them?? i hear aadsas apps won't go out until like July 14th... so how long do DAT scores take to get out?

2)I am a canadian student. and i am FREAKING OUT :eek:over the tuition and how i'm going to pay for all this. i was wondering if someone other there could give me some advice on this. I have my green card (permanent resident status) so am i elligible for government loans? AAAAAH how are you dents all handling this insane tuition:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

loans my friend.. loans

about the resending: if you checked out that one thread with the +/- next to the school, i suggest you resend to all the schools that require you too.. its the safe way to go and you don't want 25 bux standing in your way between acceptance to the dental school!

how long do DAT scores take to get to schools once you ask for them to be sent? Just wondering, because I'm submitting my AADSAS in a few days but not sure if I should wait to send DAT scores until I send out AADSAS or if it takes a long time - to send them now. Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
i THINK 3-4 weeks. i phoned and they said that...... but whether you should send them now or not i have no idea. lots of mixed comments about which schools keep the dat scores if the arrive before tha aadsas apps and which dont.

how long do DAT scores take to get to schools once you ask for them to be sent? Just wondering, because I'm submitting my AADSAS in a few days but not sure if I should wait to send DAT scores until I send out AADSAS or if it takes a long time - to send them now. Suggestions?
You don't have the option of sending or not sending your scores. If you have you've taking your DAT during the last few months, ADA has already sent your scores to your designated school. When you sign up for the DAT, you choose a list of schools, where you score will be sent to. After you complete your DAT your scores will automatically be forwarded to those schools, with the need of any further action from your side. So, I don't know what you mean when you say "Not sure if I should wait to send DAT scores."
Of course, if you have taken your DAT last year, then you need to contact ADA in order to resend them to your schools.
Whether or not schools will hold on to your DAT scores, if they arrive before your ADDSAS application?
I don't know the exact answer to this question. But I think when you create an AADSAS account and are assigned an AADSAS ID#, you have a file at all your designated schools. As you know, some schools ask for secondary applications, before your AADSAS application arrives, and I think they keep that secondary application in your file, until your actual AADSAS application is mailed out. Whether or not they do the same with DAT scores, I'm not sure. I've already sent an email to UNLV asking about this. I'll update you all as soon as I hear from them.