Severe Anxiety (GAD) Help Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is not a site for medical advice but I just want some thoughts, your residents or future residents, i am currently working with a resident for my condition (she is a 2nd year). I had the worse anxiety that makes me avoid everything, not able to keep a job, indecessive as heck where it drives me crazy where i am too scared to make a decision because i think its the wrong decision, obsess about thoughts, dropped out of medical school because i found out I was mildly color blinde and since i had a co-signer for my loan i went into a crazed panic thinking i am just going to get worse, or blinde or not be able to handle medical school when intellecutally i know i can. My family is the least supportive and I already feel ****ty admitting i have a mental illness, they do a good job beating on a dead horse and prolonging my illness since i have no where else to live. I been incapacitated and wasted 5 years of my life basically from med to med with no result. What meds work best in your experience, what advice can you offer me, me and my resident physician engage in treatment since i have a background in medicine but I dont know what to say, i tryed most SSRIs and they didnt do much, XANAX is like crack and is a quick fix that gets you no wear. After 5 years of this severe anxiety my body is wearing out and its not only mentally its physical symptoms. I need help!

And please dont close this thread, i am not asking to be treated on here, just some advice and words of wisdom from those who know about the field!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think we can help you, though I know you're hurting. Why don't you talk to your own psychiatrist about your fears and concerns? That's a much better alternative than trolling the internet about it.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the post is just too close to soliciting medical advice than we are able to tolerate. Posts looking for general support through med school, or looking for advice on keeping stress levels down are acceptable, but specific advice regarding medications and therapeutic techniques are not allowed. Sorry.

As always, consult your physician regarding such matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.