Sexual Identity and Mental Health Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Topspin1

Counseling Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Update 12/20/14: Now recruiting heterosexual control participants!)

Hello,

I am a Counseling Psychology Ph.D. student at Loyola University Chicago, and I am currently recruiting participants for a study examining sexual identity and mental health. I am looking for participants of all sexual orientations (e.g. gay, lesbian, bisexual, heterosexual) who are a US citizen, age 18 and up.

If you agree to participate, you will be asked questions about recent depression and anxiety symptoms, and your general outlook on life. If you identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, you will be asked questions about your experiences as an LGB-identified person. If you indicate you are presently involved in an intimate relationship, you will also be asked questions about your current relationship. You may choose not to answer some questions, and you may also choose to stop participating at any time once you have begun. Your responses will not be linked to any identifying information, such as your IP address. At the conclusion of the study, you will have the option of opting-in to a follow-up study that will be conducted twelve months after completing this study. If you opt-in to the follow-up study, your email address will be retained in a password-protected document so that you may be contacted in twelve months, at which point your email address will be deleted.

Completing this study and the follow-up study should take no more than 30 minutes each, and you will be entered into a raffle to win a $25 Amazon gift card upon the completion of both studies.

If you meet the above criteria and are interested in participating in this study, the survey may be accessed at https://surveys.luc.edu/opinio6/s?s=63654

Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions at [email protected].

This study has been approved by the Loyola University Chicago Institutional Review Board. Current IRB approval is valid through 10/10/2015.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IRB Application Letter.pdf
    69 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: