SFSU/SJSU/UCBerkely EXT, biochemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with San Francisco state uni, San Jose state uni, or UCBX in terms of biochemistry? I just plan to take one more course before I apply.

If I were to look into schools in SF would SFSU give me an edge ?

Members don't see this ad.

i had to make the same decision. Go with berk ext. cheap and doable. the application process is easy and they take nearly everyone. trust me you don't want to try to sjsu route. As for sfsu, they had some serious issues last year with their admissions and postbacc that I don't imagine have been resolved yet

i had to make the same decision. Go with berk ext. cheap and doable. the application process is easy and they take nearly everyone. trust me you don't want to try to sjsu route. As for sfsu, they had some serious issues last year with their admissions and postbacc that I don't imagine have been resolved yet

which biochemistry did you take? there's 'intro to biochemistry x105" and "biochemistry x115" I'm assuming the latter is the harder one but how much harder do you know? also the intro the bio is only available online.

Feeling like double postings, so I will respond to this one.
I don't have any relationship to UC schools, but I don't think which class to take will matter at all.
You might get benefits from these classes for MCAT / later medical schools anyway.
If you don't take a class because you are afraid that it's hard, medical schools can be much harder than you can ever imagine.
So if I was you, I would just choose from them randomly.

However, in your other post you say that "x105" is an online course.
I will prefer x115 because some schools may have some bias to online courses. (although it may not be a problem if it's taught in an accredit institution.)

Reactions: 1 user