DO sGPA 3.25, cGPA 3.42, MCAT 25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyingdutchman625

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asian female, CA resident, recent graduate from UC
MCAT breakdown: 7 V/ 8 PS/ 10 B

Extracurriculars:
Palomar Pathmaker Internship (~64 hours): 3 month rotations on floors such as Cardiovascular Acute Care, Inpatient Rehabilitation, will continue this internship throughout next year
Research (1500+ hours): 2 years, various poster and powerpoint presentations on independent project at conferences
Shadowing: 3 different doctors: 2 DOs (20 hours) 1 MD (20 hours). DOs were ones that specialized in OMM and cranial osteopathy
Special Events Commitee Leader for Pre-med AMSA
Dean's Honors List twice, Provost Honors once

Do I have a chance at any DO schools this cycle?

I've especially been considering the following schools:
MSUCOM
NYIT-COM
CCOM/MWU

OU-HCOM
PCOM (both locations)
RowanSOM
KCU-COM
LECOM (both locations)

Any feedback on schools I should add/subtract from this list; any feedback in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Might want to take a look at MSUCOM out of state tuition. Unless someone in your family is independently wealth you might want to apply elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
MSUCOM, OH-HCOM and Rowan take 90% of their class from their own state residents so unless you have some strong connection to Michigan, Ohio or New Jersey you should apply to other schools. Instead add another 5 or 6 schools where the MCAT median is 27 or less.

MSUCOM, OH-HCOM and Rowan take 90% of their class from their own state residents so unless you have some strong connection to Michigan, Ohio or New Jersey you should apply to other schools. Instead add another 5 or 6 schools where the MCAT median is 27 or less.
Thanks Faha, that is really useful info to know. Do you have any suggestions as to which schools in particular? Are there any specific schools that highly value research (given I have done a lot in that category?)

These are some schools have median MCAT scores in the range of 26 or less:
CUSOM
MU-COM
ACOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LMU-DCOM
WCU-COM