sGPA 3.3, cGPA 3.7, MCAT 30

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manganesereese

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I know my stats are not phenomenal, but I am a Tennessee resident applying to UTHSC Memphis, ETSU, and UAMS (Little Rock).

MCAT 30, PS: 9 VR: 12 BS: 9

Clinical hours: 400 translating in a clinic in Haiti, approx 70 in various clinics in Memphis
No research
I worked with inner city children in high school via summer camps and tutoring
Extracurrics: I graduate in May with a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre and a B.A. in French and International Development. Was also hugely involved with dance, theater, and orchestra throughout high school

I feel like I'm "interesting" enough but I don't want the less-than-stellar science GPA to give them pause (I have a smattering of A's and B's and one C in genetics...) This is because I took massive loads every semester (20-26 credit hours) to fit in the triple major with pre-med

Also I am in-state for TN.

I guess my main worry is that I haven't shown a super strong science background, and even though I have a lot of extra stuff to maybe make up for it, I don't want them to think I'm not right for med school/wouldn't be able to succeed/etc. What do you guys think? UTHSC is my top choice

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Imbalanced MCAT and well < avg sGPA is worrisome for MD schools, but still is fine for DO programs.

Stick with the TN schools, (except Vanderbilt) and any DO program.

Hello! I know my stats are not phenomenal, but I am a Tennessee resident applying to UTHSC Memphis, ETSU, and UAMS (Little Rock).

MCAT 30, PS: 9 VR: 12 BS: 9

Clinical hours: 400 translating in a clinic in Haiti, approx 70 in various clinics in Memphis
No research
I worked with inner city children in high school via summer camps and tutoring
Extracurrics: I graduate in May with a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre and a B.A. in French and International Development. Was also hugely involved with dance, theater, and orchestra throughout high school

I feel like I'm "interesting" enough but I don't want the less-than-stellar science GPA to give them pause (I have a smattering of A's and B's and one C in genetics...) This is because I took massive loads every semester (20-26 credit hours) to fit in the triple major with pre-med

Also I am in-state for TN.

I guess my main worry is that I haven't shown a super strong science background, and even though I have a lot of extra stuff to maybe make up for it, I don't want them to think I'm not right for med school/wouldn't be able to succeed/etc. What do you guys think? UTHSC is my top choice