sGPA 3.47, cGPA 3.23, MCAT 35

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notsopropafol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I'll be applying for next cycle and was wondering how my chances looked for some schools that I really want to go to. My GPA isn't all that great, but hopefully I made up for it a little bit with my MCATs. My prereq grades aren't too bad except for Gen chem which I did pretty terrible in. I don't really want to use it as an excuse, but I had to support my family (my parents, brother, and fiancee) during my time at university and I was working 60 hours a week (one full time job, 1 part time job).

Gen chem (3 parts) - B-, C, D(retook the D and got an A)
Ochem 2 parts - A, A
Bio - A, A
Physics - A, A
MCAT - V13, B11, P11

I have over 2000 hours of paid clinical experience, 4 publications and a BA in Religious Studies. What are my odds at getting in to some of my top choices? I'll of course be applying to 25+ schools, but these are the ones that would be preferrrable:

MD:
Emory
University of Buffalo
University of Pittsburgh
UC Davis
OHSU

DO:
Touro-CA
Western-CA and Oregon

How do my chances look for some of these schools? Should I consider Ross, SGU, or AUG as my back ups? Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPAs are well below avg for schools like Emory and Pitt, and OOS public schools. The UCs are very OOS unfriendly. Stick with those of your home state. You're fine for any low-medium tier MD school, and any DO program, including mine.

You can do vastly better than Carib diploma mills, so chill.

MD:
Emory
University of Buffalo
University of Pittsburgh
UC Davis
OHSU

DO:
Touro-CA
Western-CA and Oregon

How do my chances look for some of these schools? Should I consider Ross, SGU, or AUG as my back ups? Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]