SGU january admission august waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kittyjuice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
whatsup guys?

I applied late to SGU and was put on the waitlist. But they accepted me for January.

anyone else in the same boat?

im thinking of applying to some american schools in the meantime if i go january...even though i know you hear a response after january, right?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application for SGU and all of the necessary info./documents by about 10 days ago, and also decided to move my application from August 2002 to JANUARY 2003 considerations. I have yet to hear from SGU about anything (not even an interview), although they told me that they are still looking over August applicants.

AM I SCREWED since I have not heard anything yet? Any suggestions? I have applied to 2 podiatry schools and I am afraid that these podiatry schools will begin their CLASSES before I hear anything from SGU about me being accepted.

Congratulations to you for being accepted! What did you get accepted with (MCAT and GPA?), if you don't mind me asking? I'm just afraid that I may not get in with a 21 on the MCAT. How quickly after you submitted everything did they set up an interview with you?

hey persian brotha. i saw your profile and it says you are persian. chetoree?
what school do you go to?

i applied for august like a couple days after the deadline and got a response about an interview in weeks.
my undergrad GPA was crappy...below a 3. i did some serious grad work and research and got around a 3.8. my mcats were in the high 20's, but 30 with highest scores from each.

from what i hear, the august class is full aleady and they will be filling people in as people drop and get into american schools. they have a waitlist. i know they are really busy as hell, so be patient.

you are not screwed. im sure you may have a good shot, especially for Jan. if your GPA is good, you should get in.

your mcat is kinda low, but from what i hear, people have been accepted with lower mcats if they were strong in other areas. and sometimes the interviewer will tell you what you need to work on if you need to.

bottom line is that its all supply and demand. the more competition there is, the tougher to get in. its a business of course.

anyhow, i wish you the best. im positive things will work out for you since you got some good persian genes there. ;)

good luck and the best to you,
keep me posted.

check out this website for more detailed info....
http://img.com.tripod.com/sgu.htm