Sgu, Ross, Saba...will I Get In?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j802002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA - 3.1
MCAT - 10, 9, S, 9
EXTRA-CURRICS/VOLUNTEER/RESEARCH - impeccable

Will I get in to SGU Ross or SABA? What do you folks think?

Also, what GPA scale do these schools use?

Members don't see this ad.

That's about what I had, and I got into Ross (and I'm doing just fine, in fact, better than some with even higher scores that are also here.) Don't go for the "First Step" program if they offer it to you. Insist on full admission or go somewhere else. The "First Step" plan is bogus. You can always transfer in later.

Also, it appears that Ross is, once again, being sold. Details are still sketchy, but it looks like they are trying to sell it to some U.S.-based "post-secondary" school. I just hope that post-secondary doesn't mean Devry or ITT Tech (or similar). I can just see the scrolling TV ads now...

Get your training from DeVry! Degrees offered in...

TV Repairman

Executive Assistant

Law Clerk

Office Worker

Paralegal

Doctor of Medicine

Things here change more often than a politician's mind!

:D

-Skip
MS2 Ross University

I think you should be solid shape and should be very competitive for any carribean schools. In fact, it's even competitive for less-competitive US state schools or private schools, and definitely solid for DO schools as well.

Apply to a wide range of schools and see where you are interviewed and go from there. I suspect a good application and interview may be able to land you WL or admits in a state school or two in the US, unless you are from california, of course... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
jo80,
don't sell your self short. If I were you I would at least apply to DO schools before I even attempted to go Caribbean. ;)

Originally posted by kumar28
jo80,
don't sell your self short. If I were you I would at least apply to DO schools before I even attempted to go Caribbean. ;)

I think about this every single day.......go DO or get an MD from SGU. .........................................................................................

i had similar stats and got into SGU for january, but i also got into to louisville for next fall so i think you should get in at sgu but you should also try for us schools