SGU vs. Sackler?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TSoprano

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which do you think is a better career move?

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to Sackler, SGU, and a DO school. I choose DO. It was a hard choice with all the great things that I had heard about sackler. Alot of the students get top residency choices in IVY league schools. The guy I interviewed with did a PEDs residency at Yale. Good Luck!

Could you tell me why you chose DO over Sackler?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a guy who went Sackler and is now at UCSF. Sackler is part of TAU (Tel Aviv University) which is incredible and beautiful. Tel Aviv is just like any major cosmopolitan city in the US. Granted, there is unrest in the region now, but CNN and american news outlets paint a distorted picture. I've been to Israel and to Tel Aviv and actually been on the campus of TAU and it's amazing.

My cousin just finished his first year at Sackler, and he loves it there. They have excellent instructors, a 90% pass rate on USMLE 1, and good residency placement. That being said you are still a foreign graduate, so it may close some doors for you. DO is a good way to go too. Hope that this was helpful.

Good luck!