Engg to Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Status
The doctor I plan to shadow is renovating his office and then going off on vacation till August. So I can start shadowing him only in Sep. I am a non trad student, with no clinical experience and plan to apply next year (June 2003). Do you think I should find another doctor to shadow till September so that Iwould have atleast a year of clinical experience by the time I apply, or do a couple of months not matter?

Thanks in advance.

Melisa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
It all depends on how well you know this doctor. Sometimes, it is very difficult to look for a doctor who willing to let you shadow him/her. It took me several months last year to find a physician. His schedule was busy and I could only observe him for a week. Later on during my internship at the hospital, my research mentor allows me to shadow him in the Infant Intensive Care Unit. I know him well, and it was a great experience for me.

OP
E

Engg to Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Status
Melisa,
I have a very good relationship with my physician - I plan to shadow him for about a year and he has been very accomodative so far (He has even offered to get me an office set up!). My question is that if I start in September, by the time I apply I'll have 9-10 months of clinical experience. I was wondering if I need to start right away to have a better looking app.

About the Ads
About the Ads