Shadowing an Alumni from a school you would like to hopefully attend. Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supernatural17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so my question is, if a student is very interested in attending a particular osteopathic medical school is it a good idea to shadow a physician who is an alumni from that school? Would a letter of recommendation from an alumni of the school you want to hopefully attend be helpful?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Of course it would be helpful. As long as that physician doesn't have a bad rep there. I got a LOR from a very esteemed doc from a nearby DO school, but did not help me get an II so far. But, I feel it can add to your app.

Reactions: 1 user
This gets on our radar, so yes and yes.

Hi so my question is, if a student is very interested in attending a particular osteopathic medical school is it a good idea to shadow a physician who is an alumni from that school? Would a letter of recommendation from an alumni of the school you want to hopefully attend be helpful?

Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The DO I shadowed happened to go to the school I want to go to the most. I've had silence for two months so I'm not sure it is a super help but we'll see by the end of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here, i got a DO LOR from the school I want to go to and its been a few months of silence. I got pretty decent stats too.

Did not help me yet :(