Shadowing and nominations on resume and AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of my letter writers want a copy of my resume, so I'm trying to update it.

Is it appropriate to including shadowing on said resume, or this completely toolish (for the record, I lean toward the latter, but how else do you let the writers know what you've done)??

Also, what about including award NOMINATIONS on resume and AMCAS? I'm not referring to national awards, just a couple major departmental awards at my school. Can these be used (I feel like I know the answer, but figured it'd be worth the shot)?

Members don't see this ad.

Give them your resume and then write up a quick list of other related accomplishments, activities, etc. Customize your last per LOR writer so that they emphasize things they are most involved with or relevant to them (so they can write the best letter possible) and/or are most applicable to the schools to which each writer's later will be sent.

Nominations for awards don't really sound like something to be included. If departmental, your faculty may already be aware of them and could include them if aware but unless you won the award you didn't really accomplish anything particularly noteworthy beyond whatever got you nominated.

Give them your resume and then write up a quick list of other related accomplishments, activities, etc. Customize your last per LOR writer so that they emphasize things they are most involved with or relevant to them (so they can write the best letter possible) and/or are most applicable to the schools to which each writer's later will be sent.

Nominations for awards don't really sound like something to be included. If departmental, your faculty may already be aware of them and could include them if aware but unless you won the award you didn't really accomplish anything particularly noteworthy beyond whatever got you nominated.

Thanks. So, for my actual resume, shadowing shouldn't necessarily go on there, but should be included in the separate writeup?