Shadowing & COVID hurting my chances?

tarouqi

Aug 1, 2019
  1. Pre-Optometry
    Hey,

Hope everyone is staying safe. I'm applying this cycle and I know some of you might be on the same boat as I am but this whole COVID situation has me paranoid. Here are my stats

- 3.992 GPA overall
    -Taking the OAT in July.
    - 200hrs of volunteering experience at a hospital with direct patient interaction + Co-Founded an orientation program at Clevland Clinic where we mentor incoming volunteers.
    - Volunteer coordinator for a college club (Spring 2020) - Treasurer (Fall 2020).
    -16 hrs of shadowing with one optometrist (This is where I am worried, I shadowed the doctor pre-COVID, and right now the CDC guidelines are eliminating any chances of getting a shadowing experience).

I will be applying to NOVA, UAB, SUNY, & NECO. Do you think I have a shot with these sub-par shadowing hours?

shevchenko277

5+ Year Member
    Feb 22, 2016
    1. Optometry Student
      Don’t even worry about it lol. Do decent on your OAT exam and you’re golden. Your grades are great and you don’t have much to worry about. The volunteering definitely compensates and 16 hrs is shadowing still good.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.