Share stories of getting rescinded here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigaxe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any. So does it even happen? I did read one story on here a while back of someone calling 20 times during a meeting and getting immediately reevaluated on the 20th call.

One story (and one that seems fake) isn't enough to prove whether getting rescinded is a likely thing to happen. Share stories you've heard here

Members don't see this ad.

Like, they no longer consider you during the interview?

An Admissions counselor visited our school and told us a story. A dental student was giving a few of the interviees a tour when Candidate A asked a question. Candidate B looked at her and said "that is a dumb question!" Goes without saying but Candidate B didnt get accepted.

An Admissions counselor visited our school and told us a story. A dental student was giving a few of the interviees a tour when Candidate A asked a question. Candidate B looked at her and said "that is a dumb question!" Goes without saying but Candidate B didnt get accepted.
In that guy's defense, people ask some pretty dumb questions on interview day

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a thread a couple years ago on SDN where someone had gotten their offer rescinded due to constant phone calls and emails to the adcoms.

I actually just found the thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-offer-rescinded.903855/

I can't believe I actually remember this story... and posted in that exact same thread two years ago. xD

No getting rescinded is getting accepted....then getting the acceptance taken away.

Not completing pre-reqs. Seems obvious, but some people don't seem to understand what 'req' stands for.

Reactions: 1 user
In that guy's defense, people ask some pretty dumb questions on interview day

Patients too will ask questions that may seem 'strange' to you. Doesn't mean you go around insulting them.

Patients too will ask questions that may seem 'strange' to you. Doesn't mean you go around insulting them.
That's not the same thing. You're interviewing to be a professional and you're presenting yourself as incompetent with some of these questions. Would you go to a dentist or a doctor that presented themselves as incompetent?

There was a thread a couple years ago on SDN where someone had gotten their offer rescinded due to constant phone calls and emails to the adcoms.

I actually just found the thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-offer-rescinded.903855/

I can't believe I actually remember this story... and posted in that exact same thread two years ago. xD

OP in that thread abandoned ship. Wondered what happened to him/her. In all fairness, I think the school handled it poorly as well.

Edit: OP did lose admissions offer. More info here:
forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-options.907816/#post-12464946

never heard of this happening. just don't fail your courses/get kicked out of your school/get arrested etc etc. you see where i'm going with this?

That's not the same thing. You're interviewing to be a professional and you're presenting yourself as incompetent with some of these questions. Would you go to a dentist or a doctor that presented themselves as incompetent?

+1. some interviewees are just book worms without an ounce of common sense

Dumb question or not, it's not the time or place to blurt that out.

No I'm not talking about the person asking the question. I'm talking about the snappy attitude a person gets when someone asks it. You can tell him later why that question was strange or 'stupid'. But to say it in front of a whole group of people doesn't speak well of you.

To the Adcoms it seems you are willing to embarrass someone because his/her question did not live up to your standards. Now if the question was indeed 'stupid', The Adcoms may judge the person based on that and probably not offer him admission based on that. He could apply next year after realizing what is wrong with questions like that.

The guy who said 'That question was ---', well the Adcoms might not be too happy with offering that person an interview the next time around on the account of his attitude.