Share your funniest/worst rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblebear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is some evidence showing the lack of time and consideration some schools have over us. They don't even bother to write a decent rejection letter! :rolleyes:
Some of them are so cheeeeesy...and some of them are just plain rude.

Here're two examples:

USC--"We are extremely grateful to you, and thousands of your colleagues across the country, for applying to admission to the Keck School of Medicine, class of 2006.
Grateful - and somewhat overwhelmed. ...."
(Overwhelmed?
:confused: What are they trying to imply? That there're too many students who are not qualified enough for them who applied???...geez :rolleyes: )

Tufts--I don't have the letter with me....but I remember something like "....We wish you will still be accepted into a medical school somewhere else. If not, then you should consult with your pre-medical advisor." (Come on, being rejected by you doesn't mean we would not get into other schools....and what's up with the last comment about consulting an advisor?! I don't need you to tell me what to do!!! )

I've seen too many of these, now they just sound too funny to me :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

also about USC's rejection letter...

i love the part where they say something like "We know this may be a very painful moment..."

i'm like, screw that. they're so full of it.

I just got a rejection letter from Brown Medical School. That 5 line letter really pissed me off.
Since most of you guys haven't seen Brown rejection letter, I will share a part of it.

"We thank you for the time and effort that you have devoted to the preparation of your application and supporting credentials. Your application was considered with thoroughness and care despite this disappointing outcome."

What da f? "thank you for the time and effort?"

Even though Brown is my alma mater, the medical school simply sucks so bad !! (no offence to PLME people).
At first, they sent me a letter asking me to prove if I have $200,000 US and they had asked me to prove it in ONE WEEK! Otherwise, they said they wouldn't even REVIEW my application. WTF?
and they said that's required by the US government.
Gimme a break ! What does the US government have to do with review of my application? (I was not even asking for my F-1 visa.)

So, I got really pissed and since by then I already knew I didn't want to stay in Providence for fu<king 8 years, I sent them a nasty letter simply stating, "I understand Brown has no money to give me financial aid and I will make Brown $200000 richer if I get accepted so just please review my application if you are not going to refund my application fee."

And check this out. 3 or 4 days after I submitted that letter, I got rejected.

I have always thought Brown PLME program is so fu<ked up, but the other routes of application are messed up as well.
I don't understand how MCAT is optional and requires NO interview.

I am very very happy that I got rejected by my parents' first choice school, but I am pissed by the way my alma mater treated me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I met someone on the interview trail that got a rejection from teh BostonU school of business... after applying to the med school! I thought that was pretty funny.

The worst one for me was from MCPHU, not because of the letter, but because it was followed by three more letters asking me to consider their school of public health! I'm like, screw you, your mom, and your public health program.

First off, I'll preface this by apologizing to all those who've interviewed at Finch, are about to interview at Finch (My Girl Foxy), and to all those who are planning on attending Finch.

Anyway, I didn't fill out my Finch secondary b/c my friend who's there told me not to. Anyway, I got their rejection letter, and I was like, yeah no biggie. Then a week later I got a letter plugging their Master's program, and I was like 51K? Haha. No thanks, not interested. Then about a week later they sent me another letter. It started off like this. "Our records indicate you have been rejected from our Medical School." Gee thanks, tell me something I didn't know. Would've never guessed since I didn't fill out your secondary!

It continues to the tune, "We are certain that someone with your potential is perfect for our podiatry school!! WTF!?!?!?! You didn't even review my file, yet you know I'm perfect for podiatry, right? No offense to podiatrists, but that just ain't my cup of tea. Damn, do they check anything at Finch b4 they send those things out, or just do a mass mailing?? Haha, I just busted out laughing. Whatever. It don't matter.

Damn Papa, I didn't fill out my Finch secondary either, and I got that same rejection letter, but I didn't get invited to apply to their masters program or the podiatry school! Even without reviewing either of our applications I guess they knew I wasn't as qualified as you!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by drjo2002:
•Damn Papa, I didn't fill out my Finch secondary either, and I got that same rejection letter, but I didn't get invited to apply to their masters program or the podiatry school! Even without reviewing either of our applications I guess they knew I wasn't as qualified as you!•••••I dunno, it's weird how these things work. My friend who didn't fill out the secondary either got the same mailings I did. His stats were higher than mine, 3.9, & 35! They get 10,000 applications, so I guess they %^$& up sometimes. Whatever, I got a good laugh out of it. I love how these schools love to plug their other programs. If I was interested in it, I'd come to you, no need for you to come to me! Damn, how much was their secondary fee, $100 or something. I think that was another reason I didn't send it back.