Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Share your TUCOM interview experience!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by chi718, Dec 16, 2001.

1. chi718

chi718 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey all,

this is my first time in this chat room...i've been reading everyone's messages on and off though. anyways, i finally got my first interview at TUCOM (my apps were delayed due to my letters) and was wondering if anyone would like to share that their experiences with TUCOM with me. i'd really like to stay in the bay area for school so i don't want to screw up my interview. any comments and pointers would be greatly appreciated! thx!!!

2. You might want to do a search for more information about interviews and the school. A couple of the current TUCOM students have offered to answer questions about the school and have provided emails. Try going to the Osteopathic section and either look around or do a search. If you cannot find any threads or people to help you out, let me know, and I will try and help. TUCOM has changed since I was there during the pre-clinical years. Therefore, it would be better to have others answer your question. I do know that the interview is still in a panel format though. Unfortunately, TUCOM students are not as ubiquitous on SDN as some of the medical students from other schools are. I am sure you will find something though. Best of luck to you.

3. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

be sure to check out interviewfeedback.com-- that is a great site for interview questions. I really liked my interview there. Get to know those with whom you are interviewing- (i interviewed with a group of 6 applicants and a panel of 4 interviewers) We all got to know each other really well--stay at the hotel if you can-- and as each member was answering a question i was totally pulling for them to do well- then we could feed off each others answers! it was a great experience! as far a specific questions go, each interviewer had my application right there and asked things directly from it so be sure to have a copy to review before the interview-- i loved that they actually paid attention to the application i had spent so many hours slaving over!!! I was very happy with the interview set-up. Best of luck to you!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tnt3

tnt3 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Chi718,

When is your interview at TUCOM? Mine is on the 4th of Feb.

Hey, ER. Thanks for all your help and advice.

5. chi718

chi718 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

my interview is 2/11...that's the earliest they had! i live in bay area so i don't need to stay at the hotel. i still want to meet those i'm interviewing with though because i've heard you guys are really neat people...hmm, gotta figure out a way to do that.

thanx for all your input!

6. oceana

oceana Member
    10+ Year Member

If you want to visit the other interviewers, you can visit them at the recommended hotel in the morning during the breakfast they have set up. You get to meet the awesome Dr. Haight. As for the interview, know about your file and specifically why touro? Why DO? and make them known of your clinical experiences with DO's if you have any. I really enjoyed the way TUCOM interviewers knew everything about my file -- so be prepared. I may be leading the tour during that day. Good Luck.

SK
    TUCOM 2005