b05010445

Atlantic Seamonster
Mar 27, 2011
East Coast nomad
Status
Medical Student
A large number of classmates are considering sharing Pic m0nic to reduce the cost.
We were wondering how what was the max people per sign in name have been successful in the past and avoided detection?

We know of groups of 5 being done, but we have a much larger group than that and are trying to figure out how many smaller groups to divide into while of course keeping it as cheap as possible.

SBR249

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
Why don't we keep discussions on this board above board eh? Many companies have a presence on these forums and it's rude to openly talk about stuff like that here.

mcloaf

7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Seriously OP?

Reactions: Pons Asinorum

IH8ColdWeath3r

7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A large number of classmates are considering sharing Pic m0nic to reduce the cost.
We were wondering how what was the max people per sign in name have been successful in the past and avoided detection?

We know of groups of 5 being done, but we have a much larger group than that and are trying to figure out how many smaller groups to divide into while of course keeping it as cheap as possible.
Um, why don't you just pay for it instead of STEALING. They worked hard to make a product, the least you could do is pay for it to use their services.

Also, I wouldn't recommend that. Stealing, of any kind, if detected, can get you kicked out of professional program. Why not spend 200 and avoid being kicked out of a professional program for stealing. You're paying over 120 K for the first two years of medical school, so I ask you, is with worth the risk of getting kicked out to save 200??....I would hope that you can come up with the logical answer to that.

Reactions: drryan123

IH8ColdWeath3r

7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The OP will make for one great, reliable, ethical doctor. As will his colleagues.

Psai

This space for lease
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2014
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Word of warning to all students: Professionalism is a hot topic at medical educator meetings. Many reports show that doctors who lose their licenses often have evidence of unethical behavior going back to medical school. More and more schools are coming down hard. This includes suspension or even expulsion for bootlegging Pathoma or DIT videos, or for sharing PDFs of copyrighted books like First Aid. As others on this thread have said: don't be stupid. You are joining an elite and prestigious profession. Do not waste that opportunity just to save a few hundred bucks. - Dr. Jason Ryan
That's easy to say when you're not 300k in debt at 7% interest. If they expelled everyone who bootlegged pathoma, dit or first aid, there would probably be no one left in medical school.

Reactions: npktun and th3v3rn

IH8ColdWeath3r

7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That's easy to say when you're not 300k in debt at 7% interest. If they expelled everyone who bootlegged pathoma, dit or first aid, there would probably be no one left in medical school.
What an idiotic comment. You're telling me that you didn't know how much debt you were signing up for the day you signed the dotted line an decided to go to medical school??? (so, you made the decision, at that very same time, to save money by bootlegging and stealing resources?) I knew I was borrowing 300K at 7% interest just like you. I paid for those resources from my own money (school loans). I'm not saying that to be praised, because the idea of not STEALING requires no recognition or a pat on the back. It's the right thing to do. As a doctor, you're supposed to be better than that. Besides, think of who you're stealing from....Dr. Sattar, who, through his hard work, has arguably put out the best path resource. Why not pay the man for his hard work, especially considering how much you'll end up using his videos during your board study.

Psai

This space for lease
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2014
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What an idiotic comment. You're telling me that you didn't know how much debt you were signing up for the day you signed the dotted line an decided to go to medical school??? (so, you made the decision, at that very same time, to save money by bootlegging and stealing resources?) I knew I was borrowing 300K at 7% interest just like you. I paid for those resources from my own money (school loans). I'm not saying that to be praised, because the idea of not STEALING requires no recognition or a pat on the back. It's the right thing to do. As a doctor, you're supposed to be better than that. Besides, think of who you're stealing from....Dr. Sattar, who, through his hard work, has arguably put out the best path resource. Why not pay the man for his hard work, especially considering how much you'll end up using his videos during your board study.
I did pay for it so you can jump right off your high horse

sb247

Doer of things
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Galt's Gulch
forums.studentdoctor.net

be an adult and pay for the service you use