southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Does anyone know if the SHELF exams are scaled?

Is it me or has anyone else felt pressed for time while taking one? I finished with only 10 minutes to spare. Normally I finish tests very quickly, but not this one. We were allowed 2 hours to take the test.

Rigomortis

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Geek Medic
Does anyone know if the SHELF exams are scaled?

Is it me or has anyone else felt pressed for time while taking one? I finished with only 10 minutes to spare. Normally I finish tests very quickly, but not this one. We were allowed 2 hours to take the test.

I believe they are scaled. The scores correspond to a percentile, and they're pretty much the same across all the different subjects.

And yes they take a long time, especially ones with long question stems (I seem to remember Psych being as such). The best one can do is to practice doing Pretest or similar questions and get quick at skimming and picking out the important points...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.