Shenandoah and Wingate Applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. I just got the famous email from Shenandoah saying that my application is under review...without me sending the supplemental application fee! So I was wondering for the rest of you that got this email, do you just send them the money, or do you also have to send them an email explaining the situation?

OR can you get by without paying? XD

I doubt you can get by without paying. they only invite you for interview when your application is complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Jumping on a plane to Shenandoah first thing tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!! :scared: :eek: :D

good luck. make sure you review the questions from the interview feedback. most of those questions came up at my interview.

I doubt you can get by without paying. they only invite you for interview when your application is complete.

hehe. just a thought for fun. I'll probably send them the money with an email. I must say, though, that their automatic email is very misleading and really should be corrected.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck. make sure you review the questions from the interview feedback. most of those questions came up at my interview.

No joke! All of my ?'s came from that list. At least there weren't any surprises. And to top it off... no essay questions!!!! Definitely one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. They make it a point to not make it feel like an interview, but instead that you're just chatting about life and pharmacy.

No joke! All of my ?'s came from that list. At least there weren't any surprises. And to top it off... no essay questions!!!! Definitely one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. They make it a point to not make it feel like an interview, but instead that you're just chatting about life and pharmacy.

Any other surprises or Qs we should know about?

Any other surprises or Qs we should know about?

Nope. Just go though the list of Q's already posted and you'll be squared away. Just do some research on the university so that when it comes time for you to ask them questions, you're not sitting there with a blank expression.

Any one get an official invite, cuase i got the e-vite but so far nothing in the mail....

Just got my acceptance e-mail!!!!!!! :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

I interviewed Nov 1, and I got my acceptance email today too. :D

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but how long after receiving acceptance does Shenandoah give you for a decision? Also, what is the deposit to hold a seat in the class and when is it due?

Yeah, I was curious about the official letter too. I got the e-mail letter last week, but still no official letter. It also said that I was accepted into the program beginning "Fall 2008" , i hope that was a typo.

I interviewed Nov 1st and received my acceptance email today as well. :D

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but how long after receiving acceptance does Shenandoah give you for a decision? Also, what is the deposit to hold a seat in the class and when is it due?

They haven't told us how long we have to decide, but I believe the deposit to hold your seat is $500. I remember reading it somewhere and don't feel like digging it up to be 100% sure, so take that $500 with a grain of salt.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found it on the PharmCAS school page, and it says $1000 for deposit to hold seat in class and due by March 15th.

I went to the open house and it is indeed $1000

Yeah, I was curious about the official letter too. I got the e-mail letter last week, but still no official letter. It also said that I was accepted into the program beginning "Fall 2008" , i hope that was a typo.

that was a typo, I cleared it up with amanda last week. she said their automated system needed to be updated.

Just got the official acceptance letter in the mail. The deposit is $1000 and is due by March 15th. Everything else in the letter looks like the standard type stuff (get vaccinations, finish pre-reqs, apply for FinAid, etc.).

edit: One thing I did notice was that it does not have anywhere for you to specify your preference of campus (Ashburn vs. Winchester). Anyone know if they just randomly select people for Ashburn or is it by invite only or do you have to actually call them up and say, "hey pick me, pick me?"

I'm going to be interviewed on Nov. 21st! Totally hyper-excited right now. Anyone else going on that day?

Can someone post the link to the questions thread? I haven't been able to find it. Thx.

edit: One thing I did notice was that it does not have anywhere for you to specify your preference of campus (Ashburn vs. Winchester). Anyone know if they just randomly select people for Ashburn or is it by invite only or do you have to actually call them up and say, "hey pick me, pick me?"

I think where you interviewed is where you would be attending. they originally offered me an interview on the ashburn campus. and then they told me it was a mistake...and wanted me to goto the winchester campus

I think where you interviewed is where you would be attending. they originally offered me an interview on the ashburn campus. and then they told me it was a mistake...and wanted me to goto the winchester campus

Now I'm really confused. I reread my acceptance letter and saw this line in there- "We are looking forward to having you join us in Winchester as a pharmacy student!" At first I dismissed it, thinking they just mentioned Winchester since that's where the main campus is. But then I reread it and thought maybe they were specifically telling me I would be attending the Winchester campus. And THEN I read your gem. Ughh... guess I gotta call SU and find out (especially since I need to call in regards to one of my pre-reqs anyways).

Just got the official acceptance letter in the mail. The deposit is $1000 and is due by March 15th. Everything else in the letter looks like the standard type stuff (get vaccinations, finish pre-reqs, apply for FinAid, etc.).

Hey Jammerdez1, are you going to definately attend Shenandoah? If so which campus?

hi... i have my interview for shenandoah coming up and I was wondering where is the closest bus/train station from winchester?
Or if anyone knows the best way to get there from ny that'll be great... thank you!

Anyone else find it interesting that there is no mention of Wingate in this thread?

Mods - can we get Wingate deleted from the title of the thread?

cdhoward, I agree...there needs to be a new and separate thread for Wingate.

Hey Jammerdez1, are you going to definately attend Shenandoah? If so which campus?

Turns out I've been accepted to the Ashbrn campus. I don't know whether or not I can have it switched over to Winchester. I will find out if and when I decide I'm going to attend Shenandoah. Right now, Shenandoah sits right in the middle of my list. So, to answer your question... depends on whether or not I get into any of my higher picks.

I haven't been to the campus yet so I can't really say, but I read on their website that the Ashburn campus has only 20 pharmacy students @_@. I'd rather go to the Winchester campus (~75) if I have my pick.

Last edited:
Turns out I've been accepted to the Ashbrn campus. I don't know whether or not I can have it switched over to Winchester. I will find out if and when I decide I'm going to attend Shenandoah. Right now, Shenandoah sits right in the middle of my list. So, to answer your question... depends on whether or not I get into any of my higher picks.

I see...I really hope you get into your top choices! Good Luck!:)

I interviewed 11/10 and received my acceptance email today!

I just got an invitation to interview today! For those of you that got in, are there any words of wisdom that you can pass on besides reading the interview questions? This is one of my top 2 schools and I really want to do well!
In regards to the lower composite score that was mentioned earlier, I wasn't aware of it until I interviewed at Howard. With the adjusted composite scores it dropped me 6 points.. that's a lot to me!

I just got an invitation to interview today! For those of you that got in, are there any words of wisdom that you can pass on besides reading the interview questions? This is one of my top 2 schools and I really want to do well!
In regards to the lower composite score that was mentioned earlier, I wasn't aware of it until I interviewed at Howard. With the adjusted composite scores it dropped me 6 points.. that's a lot to me!

My PCAT scores were lowered too, but luckily I was still well above a 60, so it did not affect my eligibility to apply. I hate it for those that had a 60-66ish score and got moved below a 60, thus, making them ineligible to apply to Shenandoah without them even knowing it.

Congrats on your interview, just relax and have fun. You can read the interview feedback I posted on 11/11/08 to get some specifics. I found the whole process very stress free and the people very friendly.

LostTexan, if you don't mind me asking when did you submit to PharmCAS and (generally speaking) what are your stats?

I have a 3.3 GPA, 95 PCAT. They received my application over a month ago, but I still haven't received any emails other than "we got it." This is my top choice, I hope I at least get to interview.

LostTexan, if you don't mind me asking when did you submit to PharmCAS and (generally speaking) what are your stats?

I have a 3.3 GPA, 95 PCAT. They received my application over a month ago, but I still haven't received any emails other than "we got it." This is my top choice, I hope I at least get to interview.

Nottingham, I suggest that you call them to check on the status of your application. I sent in my PharmCAS at the beginning of September and started getting curious when I saw all the posts of everyone interviewing when I still hadn't heard from them.
I called to inquire and was advised that they just received my 3rd LOR the previous week. I checked PharmCAS and saw that this LOR was submitted a day after my application had been mailed to all of the schools. PharmCAS waited 7 weeks before sending the update to my application :eek:!
I heard back from SU the next week (12/12) and was invited to interview in Jan. You are kicking my butt in stats, I have a 3.04 GPA and a 75 PCAT. Like you, this is my number 1 choice so I am crossing my fingers that my extensive volunteer work will be my saving grace! Good luck and please let me know if you get an interview for the same day (they let you choose)!

Well, I received a letter from them in the mail about six weeks ago saying that they had received my application but may be waiting for supplemental materials. I emailed them to clarify that they had received everything and got a rather curt reply:

"The letter stated you may be missing supporting materials; it does not state that you are. You cannot submit a PharmCas application to us incomplete and therefore we are not missing materials from you."

That was over a month ago. I am hoping they're like Creighton and are waiting to find out my Organic Chem I grade with the update (got an A, whew!). I don't want to be a pain in the ass but I'm also anxious to find out if they're even considering me. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Hey guys, for SU, I submitted supplemental 11/17, got called for interview around 11/20, interviewed on 12/1, and got an acceptance email 12/3. THEY WERE VERY VERY QUICK!!!!

hey everyone. i have an interview at shenandoah coming up! does anyone have any advice for me? what was your campus experience like?

any feedback would be appreciated! :)

Has anyone that interviewed on Friday 1/16 or later heard back yet on if they were accepted? I know a bunch of people heard back yesterday but I don't know what interview dates those acceptance letters were based on. I'm so nervous!!

Has anyone that interviewed on Friday 1/16 or later heard back yet on if they were accepted? I know a bunch of people heard back yesterday but I don't know what interview dates those acceptance letters were based on. I'm so nervous!!

I interviewed on 1/17 and got accepted yesterday

Yeah I called yesterday before they sent out the acceptance letters, and they told me I was accepted. She said there was a list of people, and if you interviewed on Sat., there might be a chance you didn't get accepted. I would advise calling them first thing on Monday morning, but do not expect an email this weekend.

Yeah I called yesterday before they sent out the acceptance letters, and they told me I was accepted. She said there was a list of people, and if you interviewed on Sat., there might be a chance you didn't get accepted. I would advise calling them first thing on Monday morning, but do not expect an email this weekend.

Did you interview at the Ashburn or the Winchester campus? When did you interview?

I was at the Winchester campus on Saturday. Oh when I did call her she said the admissions people did not get to everyone they had interviewed (I think they had interviews that following monday on MLK day)

I was at the Winchester campus on Saturday. Oh when I did call her she said the admissions people did not get to everyone they had interviewed (I think they had interviews that following monday on MLK day)

Ok, thanks. I'll try calling them on Monday and pray that they didn't review my application yet. Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the advice, MaadPharm. I called today and they said they haven't reviewed my application yet and to start checking on Wednesday. I feel SOOO much better! (still nervous though!)

Am I insane to apply to both of these schools so close to the deadline? I have a 3.3 gpa, 90 pcat (before the Pearson downgrade -- new score unknown), and pharmacy tech experience. Do I stand a chance?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, MaadPharm. I called today and they said they haven't reviewed my application yet and to start checking on Wednesday. I feel SOOO much better! (still nervous though!)

No problem, and good luck. I was accepted and my stats are not that great in comparison to some.

I had an interview at Shenandoah on 1/23. Is it too early to call on Wed to check on my status?

No, but they might still be backed up from the weekend before. I would call between 1:00-4:00 pm.

Hey!!

I was planning on just applying to Shennadoah..just to make sure that I actually go to Pharmacy School next year...i know the deadline is approaching in like 5 days..do you guys recommend that I still apply...my stats are so-so...and does anyone know how many seats are filled?