Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah OTCAS Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almichael15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying to Shenandoah's Winchester entry level program which has a deadline on OTCAS of October 15th. Does this deadline mean I have to e-submit my application by that date or does it mean that my application must be verified by OTCAS by that date?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Shenandoah too... I wasn't sure... but I submitted mine 9/15 so I assume it will be verified before oct 15!

I emailed Shenadoah's admission coordinator and she said, "The Oct. 15th deadline date means that all required material must be received at OTCAS." Am I correct in assuming that this means that it does not need to be verified by this date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please give me her email? I emailed someone- I forget who- from Shenandoah asking about a medical terminology course but I never received a response.

In response to your question... idk this is a tricky one. If we are going to get technical then yes- it would be when OTCAS receives everything but idk. Can the school look over materials before everything is VERIFIED? or would they not even bother and wait for it to be verified? I got an email from one of the schools I applied to saying they received my app (OTCAS) and that it is in the "complete file" however my app is not yet verified.

So honestly I am not sure. TO be safe I'd say they want it verified by the deadline. I have seen other deadlines say they want everything verified by then....

I haven't e-submitted my application yet so I don't think it would be able to be verified in time. Should I just not bother applying there? Here is the email address for Linda Burrow Shenandoah's admissions coordinator: [email protected]

I haven't e-submitted my application yet so I don't think it would be able to be verified in time. Should I just not bother applying there? Here is the email address for Linda Burrow Shenandoah's admissions coordinator: [email protected]

I would email/call them to verify your application will be accepted before you pay to submit your application there. Don't give up just yet- get clarification first.

• Allow up to 4 weeks for OTCAS to process and verify your application once your application, official transcripts, and fee are received.
I would still email them-- but I am leaning more towards you need to have the app verified by the deadline. I think I remember reading that on a school's website- to take into consideration the time it takes to verify when applying

Last edited:
Hmm. that is the email address I emailed-- I sent the email exactly one week ago and I still have not gotten a response. All the other schools emailed me back already! How long did it take for them to email you?

I sent my email on the 18th and received a response on the 19th.

sent her two emails-- NO RESPONSE EITHER TIME!!! But I just received my first email from Shenandoah saying they have received my app and are reviewing it for completeness... after that I will be notified when it is sent to admissions for review.

I emailed Shenadoah's admission coordinator and she said, "The Oct. 15th deadline date means that all required material must be received at OTCAS." Am I correct in assuming that this means that it does not need to be verified by this date?

Did anyone find out any clarification on this? I submitted my application on OTCAS and as of now they have received and documented on my app that all transcripts, references, payments, etc. have been received, but it says "Complete/not verified". Will Shenandoah consider my application?

Did anyone find out any clarification on this? I submitted my application on OTCAS and as of now they have received and documented on my app that all transcripts, references, payments, etc. have been received, but it says "Complete/not verified". Will Shenandoah consider my application?

Your application has to be completely verified by the 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out today that this is NOT true. See email below:

Email sent:
"Hello Ms. Burrow,

I recently submitted my application on OTCAS on October 10th. Since OTCAS has documented that they have received all of my transcripts, references, payment, etc. I was confused why they said that it would take 5 weeks to verify it since everything has already been received and processed. On Shenandoah's website it says " All applications for the upcoming fall term must be completed by our closing date of October 15th " Since this says "completed" does this mean that since I submitted my completed application on October 10th then it will be considered? Thanks for the clarification."

Response:
"
Good Morning Kory,
Oct. 15th is the deadline for all required material to be received at OTCAS, not to be verified. I am not sure how or why that was in our information on OTCAS. You should be alright since all of your material has been received. I can not tell you your status with SU as your transcripts have not been verified by OTCAS. When they have been, I will be notified and then I will go one your application to see if all of our requirements have been met. Linda"

Long story short you application just needs to be COMPLETE by the 15th (NOT Verified). Thank god!

Just found out today that this is NOT true. See email below:

Email sent:
"Hello Ms. Burrow,

I recently submitted my application on OTCAS on October 10th. Since OTCAS has documented that they have received all of my transcripts, references, payment, etc. I was confused why they said that it would take 5 weeks to verify it since everything has already been received and processed. On Shenandoah's website it says " All applications for the upcoming fall term must be completed by our closing date of October 15th " Since this says "completed" does this mean that since I submitted my completed application on October 10th then it will be considered? Thanks for the clarification."

Response:
"
Good Morning Kory,
Oct. 15th is the deadline for all required material to be received at OTCAS, not to be verified. I am not sure how or why that was in our information on OTCAS. You should be alright since all of your material has been received. I can not tell you your status with SU as your transcripts have not been verified by OTCAS. When they have been, I will be notified and then I will go one your application to see if all of our requirements have been met. Linda"

Long story short you application just needs to be COMPLETE by the 15th (NOT Verified). Thank god!

I was just going off what was posted on OTCAS but thank you so much for clearing it up! This is great news :)

Couple days ago. When did you apply? I applied middle of sep.

September 25th and my application was verified October 15th

Nice, maybe you will hear back soon then!! I did not have an interview, they just called me/emailed me.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else heard from Shenandoah? I submitted everything in the beginning of October, and was verified October 30th. My application was received 11/3, and I received another email on 11/10. I'm guessing I'm not going to hear any good news :/

Last edited:
I just found out that I got accepted into the Leesburg campus today! Anyone else hear anything?

Has anyone applied to Shenandoah for their 2016 cycle?

I received an email that they received my application and that they would review it and notify me when it is sent off to the Admissions Committee but I have not heard anything since.

I received the email on Oct. 20th

Have you heard anything from them? @FutureOT4246

Okay glad to hear!! I even emailed to make sure they received everything for my application and they never responded and its been over a week... I was thinking of calling tomorrow. @FutureOT4246

Please let me know what they say! I figured I would've heard back by now since their deadline has passed. I've been so anxious because I have not heard from one school yet and I was verified on 9/15. @OT1771

I applied to University of the Sciences, Sage, Hofstra, Stonybrook, Nyit, Stockton, and Sacred Heart. I feel like I didn't apply to enough schools so I might apply to 1 or 2 more. How about you? @OT1771

I think you've applied to a lot!

but Chatham, Eastern Kentucky, Shenandoah

I'm in the process of applying to MUSC, Western Michigan, Maybe Cleveland State, and Milligan

Hey you guys!

I applied to Shenandoah University for September 2016 and was recently accepted into the program!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application 10/2. I guess I didn't get in, bummer.

I was accepted to the Winchester campus, August 2016! Has anyone else on this thread heard back yet?

I was accepted to the Winchester campus, August 2016! Has anyone else on this thread heard back yet?
I haven't heard back. Were you accepted today? Did you find out through email, or mail? This is my second cycle applying and I've applied to 13 schools so far, I've gotten 2 rejections so far, and basically know that I didn't get into another 5 or 6. So that leaves about 7 schools to hear back from. Shenandoah is one of them, I think Im going to continue to apply, because I really need to start OT school, im so excited and passionate about it, I wish that this was recognized through my application. Let's see. Share your stats with me or on the forum if you feel comfortable, and congrats! So happy that you got in!

Yes please share when you heard if you don't mind! I have emailed Ms. Burrow twice and called yesterday and have not received anything back. I really want to get into Shenandoah and it's stressing me out seeing all these people who have been accepted, it makes me think there are no more spots left!