Shenandoah University Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KJBpharmacy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I would start a new thread for people going to Shenandoah University in the Fall of 2018! I got accepted today and will be attending at the Winchester Campus!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! That was fast!! Did you do ED by chance? I received an invitation today, and am looking to book a flight but the airfare is no joke...

I did do ED. And no it isn't. Make sure to check prices for both DCA and IAD. You could do Baltimore too, it's not too much farther.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well ideal is really just as good as you can do, 99 could never be a bad thing. That said anything above 80 is competitive. Here are my stats:
PCAT: Bio 96
Chem 92
Quant 97
Read 96
Composite 98
GPA: 3.11 for both composite and science(I started college at 16 after 2 years of high school and didn't do so well off the bat, but my last
4 or 5 semesters I have had above a 3.50) I also attend a highly competitive/ranked undergrad program
Experience: 2.5 years at a retail pharmacy, really made a difference in my interview I felt. It was a closed file so I just made sure that they
walked out of the interview room knowing I have a good handle on pharmacy.
I also am vice-president of pharmacology club
Very little volunteering, which I regret.

Overall I think having a well written statement, as well as just being well spoken is the most important factor. Also if you have any bad
parts of your file(like my GPA) it is necessary to be able to outshine that with something else. When I took my PCAT I approached it as
a chance to show what I know, rather than fearing it.

the Fall of 2018
Thank you KJBpharmacy, I want to go Shenandoah but my stats are a little low. My overall GPA is a 2.7. My science is a 2.03(Calculated by pharmcas). I repeated several courses like orgo and bio 1. I am terrible at phycis so I did not bother to repeated it. My math is a 2.38. My PCAT
PCAT: Bio 46
Chem 66
Quant 23
Read 58
Composite 47.

But I do have 6 years of experience in CVS as a license tech. I am 28 years old, so a little older, I know.
So know I just don't know. I am hoping for a miracle I guess.

- I graduated from Shenandoah. Here is some tip: if you do get an interview, please don't mention GPA since it is closed profile. To be honest... my PCAT score was not great neither, but Chem/Math I did really well on my PCAT. I got in and made it through 4 years! Good luck!

Hey guys, just thought I would start a new thread for people going to Shenandoah University in the Fall of 2018! I got accepted today and will be attending at the Winchester Campus!

It seems I will see you as well! I chose the Winchester campus too! Congrats!!

Hey I interviewed here early April, 6
How long did it take for them to respond to you after your interview?
This is a random question but what does it mean when you get an interview invite, did they review you on paper.