Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University Fall 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnightOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Does anyone happen to know if Shenandoah is holding interviews this year?

I’m a re-applicant, and I flew out there for an interview last year but was waitlisted and never made it off the list.

But by the way they worded their email this year, it didn’t seem like they were holding interviews this year. “Your application packet has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for consideration. Decisions will be made in December”.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

Does anyone happen to know if Shenandoah is holding interviews this year?

I’m a re-applicant, and I flew out there for an interview last year but was waitlisted and never made it off the list.

But by the way they worded their email this year, it didn’t seem like they were holding interviews this year. “Your application packet has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for consideration. Decisions will be made in December”.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
I believe they do an interview every other year. However, I could be wrong, so, since you are going to be traveling to campus (assumingly from a far distance), then you could always call the OT department and ask.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Just an update Incase anyone needed the same information...

I called graduate admissions and they will be holding interviews again this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview offer today for Jan 14th. So they are doing interviews!

I got an interview offer today as well, but not further information regarding date or times yet.

Last edited:
I also got an interview offer today! I haven’t heard back from Linda regarding the date yet.

Also waiting on Linda to email about dates/times for the interview!

also if anyone has any kind of insight on what kind of questions Shenandoah asks or the interview process that would be helpful!

I’m a current OT student at Shenandoah about to be done with my first semester - As far as the interview they want you to truly showcase who you are, so assess yourself and think of all the experiences that have made you who you are! Be able to express why you chose OT. Ask yourself what your strengths are and so on. I truly didn’t prep for it much, I was myself and I believe that’s what they wanted to see. The professors are the ones doing the interviews, and they truly are the most amazing professors I’ve met. They are down to earth and hilarious! Be yourself and I assure you, you will be fine!

Reactions: 3 users
In the same boat as PsychGirl. The "interview" is more like a conversation, so they make it easy for you to just be yourself.

Has Linda gotten back to any of you regarding the dates yet? I haven’t heard back and I’d be coming from out of state so I’m antsy to get my travel plans in order! Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Linda gotten back to any of you regarding the dates yet? I haven’t heard back and I’d be coming from out of state so I’m antsy to get my travel plans in order! Haha
i contacted her. you can try doing that and she told me Jan 14

Yeah I was thinking to contact her but didn't know if it was too early since I had just found out about the interview Monday. I'll contact her tomorrow if I don't hear back by then! Thanks!

I emailed Linda and heard back this morning for an interview for January 15. I'm assuming everyone's interviews will be around then

I also got my interview date for January 15th

Is anybody else not able to travel to the interview due to the weather?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anybody else not able to travel to the interview due to the weather?
I'm coming from about a 2 hour drive.. im not sure how driving will be in this weather (although I'm hoping it'll be better by Tuesday when my interview is) Thinking about reaching out to Linda

I just flew in today from florida so I’m hoping weather does not interfere with being able to interview. It’s not cheap traveling haha. The weather wasn’t that bad here today (granted I don’t know much about snow lol)

I was suppose to drive there, about 5 hours. But they advised me that even if I got there I may not get an interview. So I scheduled an online (zoom) interview for a later date. They said that was probably my best option.

I was suppose to drive there, about 5 hours. But they advised me that even if I got there I may not get an interview. So I scheduled an online (zoom) interview for a later date. They said that was probably my best option.
When did you speak to them about this? I haven't received an email or anything yet saying that it's been cancelled, so I was assuming they were still doing the interviews this week

Is your interview Monday? My interview is scheduled for Tuesday and I have a five hour drive as well. I have a room booked for Monday, so I plan to leave NJ tomorrow around noon. Snow does not bother me, it should be cleared up by then. I just need to take my time driving. I guess I'll call tomorrow before I leave.

My interview is also scheduled for Tuesday. I haven’t heard anything about it being cancelled. Really hoping it’s not since I’ve already traveled here :(

It’s not cancelled. I called and talked to them. They just didn’t want to risk it being canceled and me make that drive, so they scheduled that for me instead. I just talked to Linda and they were super nice about it, they just want everyone safe. I hate driving in snow!

I traveled from Florida as well and have been here since Saturday and just got an email that my interview has been canceled. What phone number are you guys calling to contact them about your interviews?

I traveled from Florida as well and have been here since Saturday and just got an email that my interview has been canceled. What phone number are you guys calling to contact them about your interviews?
I am so sorry, that is totally a bummer and a lot of money :( and I just contacted Linda. She has a number listed on the website, I believe.

Oh my gosh that sucks :( was your interview for tomorrow or Tuesday?

Hi everyone just jumping in on this thread. My interview was scheduled for tomorrow and was canceled. In Linda's original email on Saturday she informed me that if it was canceled it would be rescheduled Wednesday so i traveled 3.5 hours and am now in Virginia... but tonight she emailed saying the interview was cancelled and that she will be in further contact about a zoom interview even though i told her i was still coming. did this happen to anyone else? hopefully i will be able to interview in person since i am still here and can stay.

Hi everyone just jumping in on this thread. My interview was scheduled for tomorrow and was canceled. In Linda's original email on Saturday she informed me that if it was canceled it would be rescheduled Wednesday so i traveled 3.5 hours and am now in Virginia... but tonight she emailed saying the interview was cancelled and that she will be in further contact about a zoom interview even though i told her i was still coming. did this happen to anyone else? hopefully i will be able to interview in person since i am still here and can stay.
I told them that I would come up and staythe night before the makeup date, but she informed me that there was no need because I would be scheduled for a Zoom interview...

Anyone who's interview is on Tuesday hear that it's been cancelled or anything? When I emailed her yesterday she said she didn't hear anything about it being cancelled and that she'd let me know if it is. Just want to make sure that's correct before I come down to Winchester today.

Anyone who's interview is on Tuesday hear that it's been cancelled or anything? When I emailed her yesterday she said she didn't hear anything about it being cancelled and that she'd let me know if it is. Just want to make sure that's correct before I come down to Winchester today.
I have not heard anything, but I left a message asking her to call me back. I'm leaving soon to head down to Winchester.

I have not heard anything, but I left a message asking her to call me back. I'm leaving soon to head down to Winchester.
I will probably head down there soon as well. Keep us updated on if she responds pls

Anyone have updates on whether or not our interviews are still on tomorrow? Thanks!!

Anyone have updates on whether or not our interviews are still on tomorrow? Thanks!!
Linda had emailed me yesterday saying she would let me know if they were cancelled. Haven't heard back since so I'm assuming they are still happening. Hoping that they are since we just drove 2 hours to get here lol

I have heard nothing, but I just arrived in Winchester. I’m ready!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email saying to be there at 10am! Incase anyone needs an update

Got the same email about the new 10am time! Very happy it’s not cancelled- just praying I don’t miss my flight back home! Haha :)

Yes I got the same one, see you all tomorrow!

did anyone get an update on what time the makeup interview would be tomorrow?? I got an email saying it would be sent out soon (yesterday morning) and still no reply. getting nervous not hearing back...

From the email I received on Sunday, Linda made it seem like all the interviews scheduled for Monday would be rescheduled as Zoom interviews.

8 am tomorrow is the makeup in-person interview.

Hey y’all! I hope everyone’s interviews went well (and good luck to those doing zoom interviews if you haven’t done them yet!)

Did anyone ask when we should expect to hear back? I antipate it taking a little bit due to all the weather complications, but were any estimates given?

Last edited:
The current students said we should know by the end of the month!