Shipping my car, any suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12hey12

Hey guys,

I need to ship my car across the country. Any suggestions on companies that ship cars? Also, what is a reasonable price?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

12hey12 said:
Hey guys,

I need to ship my car across the country. Any suggestions on companies that ship cars? Also, what is a reasonable price?

Thanks.

I dont have the link handy, but there's a relatively recent thread on moving in the general residency forum. You can also try www.movingscam.com.

Good luck.

I'm personally not familiar with shipping cars but when I was checking out cars just for sh*ts on Ebay Motors I noticed that most of the listings have the car shipping company's name listed. So, you could check those ebay listings, find the name, google the company, and call them. The only problem I could see you running into is that the car shipping companies might be based out of certain towns only. good luck with that though

Members don't see this ad :)
12hey12 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.

I shipped a car from Hawaii to the east coast and it wasn't cheap. I would estimate somewhere around $1000 for a reasonable price to ship a car cross-country. Is driving out of the question?

erock said:
I shipped a car from Hawaii to the east coast and it wasn't cheap. I would estimate somewhere around $1000 for a reasonable price to ship a car cross-country. Is driving out of the question?

DON'T use AAA1 or AAA or any car carrier out of Las Vegas

Horseless Carriage is great service, but $$$$ have used before

Heard that DAS is OK, but not great (Dependable Auto Shippers)

FedEx does car shipping too, just bought companies that do it, also $$$.

Read the web about this, you'll hear a lot of negative reviews on some of these places. Some shippers will keep your car for over 2 weeks for a xcountry trip