Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
I posted this earlier but the thread messed up:

I thought the picture to send in for secondaries was just so they would make sure you were the person in the interview, and that it wasn't really important how you looked. I had a picture of me with my shirt off after I had been lifting weights so I printed it out because it is kind of cool looking and I wanted med schools to see the total package they would be getting. But then I saw on one of my secondaries that they want a "professional" looking picture. I guess my picture isn't exactly professional, but most schools don't specify. Do you think I messed up?

gerido

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Status
willthatsall said:

I thought the picture to send in for secondaries was just so they would make sure you were the person in the interview, and that it wasn't really important how you looked. I had a picture of me with my shirt off after I had been lifting weights so I printed it out because it is kind of cool looking and I wanted med schools to see the total package they would be getting. But then I saw on one of my secondaries that they want a "professional" looking picture. I guess my picture isn't exactly professional, but most schools don't specify. Do you think I messed up?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nothing you can do now, lets hope the person who review your application is a horny female (or male).

jon stewart

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:

your goona get rejected, why? beacause you cant follow instructions or read.

hahahahha jk

i think the pic shows that your actually care about health yourself, and you have other things to do instead of study all day!

About the Ads

hardy

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2004
Status
willthatsall said:
But then I saw on one of my secondaries that they want a "professional" looking picture. I guess my picture isn't exactly professional, but most schools don't specify. Do you think I messed up?
:eek:

I guess given your basketball record it might be considered professional :laugh:

I really can't believe this though.... 4.00 GPA/39 MCAT/0% common sense? j/k

Sorry, if you really did this it's hillarious. Let us know how it goes and maybe we will try the same next time ;)

Centinel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
You'll probably be jacked enough to look better than 90% of people who are clothed completely, so don't worry. I agree with Hardy's opinion here, even if it was in jest.

dilated

Fought Law; Law Won
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
NC
Status
haha, awesome. were you thinking "once they get a free ticket to the gun show they'll let me in for sure"?

seriously though, I really doubt anyone will pay any attention to it

TexPre-Med

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
that's funny. However they might realize that you have a Sun Atlantic Conference body (that is Mercer's conference right?), and from what I hear, yall aren't up to par with the real men in the Mountain West!

OP
W

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
TexPre-Med said:
that's funny. However they might realize that you have a Sun Atlantic Conference body (that is Mercer's conference right?), and from what I hear, yall aren't up to par with the real men in the Mountain West!
Ouch...Very true though, Mountain West is good ball. I'm glad everyone thinks this is funny, but I'm serious. It sounds like nobody thinks it's that big of a deal, though. I just can't believe I didn't think about the professionalism thing. I really do think that if a woman looks at my app I might have a better chance, so that's good.

BlinkyCat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:
Ouch...Very true though, Mountain West is good ball. I'm glad everyone thinks this is funny, but I'm serious. It sounds like nobody thinks it's that big of a deal, though. I just can't believe I didn't think about the professionalism thing. I really do think that if a woman looks at my app I might have a better chance, so that's good.
hahaha..at least you've distinguished yourself from a sea of applications with professional photos. :laugh:

Maybe good body means rigorous workout schedule which shows that you're both disciplined and hardworking. I say they may be early indicators that you're going to be a fine doctor. (no pun intended). :p

Seriously, nothing you can do now. Just relax!!! :)

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
HAHA, just wait for orientation. Some places use these photos in a get to know each other sense. You'll be pulling down all of the ladies.

Reactions: wutwutwut

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
In a world all my own.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
willthatsall said:

This is sounds like something Thrice would do. :p

OP
W

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
Also, what size photos are you guys sending in? I saw that Wash U wants a photo that is about passport size, but I hadn't heard that anywhere else. I actually printed my pics off as 8 X 10 and used them kind of as a cover sheet for my papers. I really wanted the ADCOMs to get a good feel for the total package. And I think that size is better if any of the ADCOM women want to frame the picture for their desk or to hang on a wall. I'm not so sure now though, maybe they want smaller size pics so it will fit in the file better? :confused:

jon stewart

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:
Also, what size photos are you guys sending in? I saw that Wash U wants a photo that is about passport size, but I hadn't heard that anywhere else. I actually printed my pics off as 8 X 10 and used them kind of as a cover sheet for my papers. I really wanted the ADCOMs to get a good feel for the total package. And I think that size is better if any of the ADCOM women want to frame the picture for their desk or to hang on a wall. I'm not so sure now though, maybe they want smaller size pics so it will fit in the file better? :confused:
lol

you send in a 8 by 10 pic of yourself? hahahahah now u will really stand out

About the Ads

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
willthatsall said:
I guess my picture isn't exactly professional...
I suppose it all depends on what you consider a profession. I'd just shrug it off and not make the same mistake in future apps. And expect a few odd looks from interviewers who review your file last minute.

Medikit

Plastic Bag Middle Class
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I think I accidently may have sent a small picture blown up to fill a full page to Creighton. Whoops. I never heard back from them about an interview.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status
sunnyjohn said:
This is sounds like something Thrice would do. :p
:smuggrin: me too.

Better think before you act sometimes. ;)

jmnykrkts

Registered Hoser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:

This is so awesome. I hope that you were totally oiled up and fully flexing. :horns:

OP
W

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
jmnykrkts said:
This is so awesome. I hope that you were totally oiled up and fully flexing. :horns:
I wasn't really fully flexing, but you know how you kind of flex while trying to act like you aren't flexing so it just looks like you are cut like that? I was kind of like that, so my smile is kind of forced looking and uncomfortable, but overall I'd give my look a 9.4 out of 10.

Will Ferrell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
Your application is sick. You could send in a picture with your pants off and still get in.

Reactions: MoDiddy

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
willthatsall said:
I wasn't really fully flexing, but you know how you kind of flex while trying to act like you aren't flexing so it just looks like you are cut like that? I was kind of like that, so my smile is kind of forced looking and uncomfortable, but overall I'd give my look a 9.4 out of 10.
I am just curious, why would you think to send an 8 X 10 photo? And are you gonna post the pic you did send for SDN already or not? :p

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status
holy ****.

you are for real :eek: You are going to be a tall ass doctor.

About the Ads

jmnykrkts

Registered Hoser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:
That is fantastic. I'm very familiar with the casual semi-flex manoeuver. Indeed, it's very tough to pull off with the right flex/smile ratio -- go for a little more of one and the other is always compromised in some way. I'm betting they will appreciate the effort though. I say kudos to you on a super ballsy move

SitraAchra

Attending Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
alright i've heard enough. post that f*cking picture bro - we must see it.

p.s. you're my hero

Kazema

In a kingdom by the sea
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Haha, I second SitraAchra. Post the pic dude.

If you're really worried about it maybe you can call the admissions office, explain the situation, and ask if you can send a replacement photo.

Scrub MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Go for it. All pics for secondaries should be shirtless. :eek:

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
SitraAchra said:

p.s. you're my hero
I completely agree. I couldnt even get into half the places you applied if i gave them a pic with my shirt on!!

WE NEED A VISUAL!!

jon stewart

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2005
Status
SitraAchra said:

p.s. you're my hero

dude,

you gotta post that pic seriously,cause iif you do, you can have the expert sdn panel help determine whether you got in or not.... :laugh:

Belfagor

Busy Breaking Bonaduce
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
The Waters of Lake Minnetonka
Status
willthatsall said:
I think you're lounging in mediocrity. You should have either gone for the professional look, or you should have gone for the sex-symbol look. Straddling the fence with a feigned shirtless smile isn't going to show anyone the strength of your resolve. You need to send in a supplementary picture portfolio that proves you are the real deal. Maybe wearing chaps and a cowboy hat, playfully twirling a pistol, or in a firemans outfit carrying an axe. I might even try for the doctor scenario- that's you and a stethoscope- just a stethoscope. Your loins are prime, baby, there's no reason to hold back.

BlinkyCat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
tacrum43 said:
I am just curious, why would you think to send an 8 X 10 photo? And are you gonna post the pic you did send for SDN already or not? :p
Yea for real. Cut the nonsense chit chat and show us what you sent. I mean c'mon, where's the beef?!!! :laugh:

humuhumu

nukunuku apua'a
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
twitter.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This is, hands down, the funniest thread I've ever read on SDN...

...and yes, we definitely need to see the pic.

About the Ads

PerryCox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2005
NJ
Status
willthatsall said:
Atleast you don't have your nipples pierced :laugh: :laugh:

humuhumu

nukunuku apua'a
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
twitter.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
willthatsall said:
Here's the photo.

2ndarypic

See, it's not that it's really bad, I'm just a little worried that they are expecting something more dressed up.
This is the stuff that legends are made of. Adcoms will recount the tale for years to come.

Nice abs, btw!

SitraAchra

Attending Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
you rock. we need the gays to descend on this thread and run a fine-toothed comb through the image. as a straight man i am not qualified to critique aside from saying Ivy's here you come.

OP
W

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Status
See what I mean about the smile though? It's almost a smile, but it's more of a focused, contemplative look that goes with my half-flex. I didn't want to break a full smile because I was afraid it would look too strained. Is everyone smiling in their photos, or just a serious look?

krasnayana

MS1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Medical Student
willthatsall said:
Here's the photo.

2ndarypic

See, it's not that it's really bad, I'm just a little worried that they are expecting something more dressed up.
It would have helped if both of your arms were in the frame, rather the amputeed arm, for the "clean sleek lines" look. Did you shoot this pic yourself? Nice abs.

Monette

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This is the male version of Elle Woods' Harvard Law school application. She got in... At least Hollywood is on your side ;)

BlinkyCat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
willthatsall said:
See what I mean about the smile though? It's almost a smile, but it's more of a focused, contemplative look that goes with my half-flex. I didn't want to break a full smile because I was afraid it would look too strained. Is everyone smiling in their photos, or just a serious look?

:eek: Did you just step out of the shower ?!! boy oh boy..
Great abs though :p

krasnayana

MS1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Medical Student
BlinkyCat said:
:eek: Did you just step out of the shower ?!! boy oh boy..
Great abs though :p

I agree nice abs :p Got more pics?

liveandlearn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
I am just honored to have been alive, and aware, of this massive blunder. It is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. Also, as a gay... not bad... not bad....

I will say this.... you wil DEFFINATELY get interviews... who wouldn't want to get the chance to ask about this????

hahahahahaha :smuggrin:

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Im a fairly straight guy, and even I think you look HOT!!!

liveandlearn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
"Im a fairly straight guy, and even I think you look HOT!!!"

haha.... "fairly"

jennie 21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2003
Princeton
Visit site
Status
OMG, I can't believe that you really DID this...

That said, though, I don't think it will hurt you that much. At least your applcation will stand out from the crowd. If it were a swimsuit-calendar kind of photo that would be one thing but you don't look like some cheesy male model, just like an athlete. At first I was thinking you'd sent a "Mr. September" type photo to the adcoms and was wondering WHAT you were thinking! Really, though, this pic isn't that bad. Just be prepared to be asked about it at interviews...

Its_MurDAH

The DaVinci Savant
10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Resident [Any Field]
prazmatic said:
Im a fairly straight guy, and even I think you look HOT!!!
fairly straight ?

wtf praz...you bitch.
So that incredible night meant NOTHING TO YOU????
Shoulda pegged you as a player.

PS: don't call me

gujuDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
So I hope this thread really is a joke and that I'm right in assuming that you are not being serious.

But that said..............I'm female, straight, and think you have a nice body. Looks like that Bball and weight lifting has done you a lot of good. hahahahaha

:D ;)

Ok carry on

gujuDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
dajimmers said:
My only critique is that the flower tile background doesn't really help the image you're trying to portray. Perhaps a solid color background complementary to your shorts would be better...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too funny.

About the Ads