Short and Asian for men is pretty much the kiss of death for dating in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao

so basically girls expect to sit around and have everything handed to them while the guy does all the work. My ex was like this; she was introverted while I had a huge circle of friends on campus. After a while it gets extremely boring spending time with a shy and boring person who has no friends of her own and depends on ME to basically give her a network of people to connect with while offering nothing on her side. Why don't you develop some social skills of your own and put yourself out there?

oh wait I know the answer. You've probably been told your whole life how 'special' you are and 'deserve nothing but the best' by people around you just because you're a girl. The princess syndrome has its roots in modern feminist society.

I hope the mods don't ban me for this post

Actually, the kind of attitude you are projecting onto Sunny's post -because she wasn't talking about being handed things at all, more about her attraction to someone who was more outgoing than herself - is rooted in the previous treatment of women as objects, held up on pedestals, where they weren't expected (and in many cases weren't allowed) to do anything for themselves. The idea of the man taking care of all of the woman's needs is a product of traditional gender roles, not feminism. Duh and/or hello.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Actually, the kind of attitude you are projecting onto Sunny's post -because she wasn't talking about being handed things at all, more about her attraction to someone who was more outgoing than herself - is rooted in the previous treatment of women as objects, held up on pedestals, where they weren't expected (and in many cases weren't allowed) to do anything for themselves. The idea of the man taking care of all of the woman's needs is a product of traditional gender roles, not feminism. Duh and/or hello.

The attitude that she was projecting of feeling attracted towards a more sociable person because 'it takes pressure off of her' is exemplary of princess syndrome. By modern feminist society, I'm not referring to the strive for equal rights for both genders that was pioneered by original feminists such as Susan Anthony, etc. Those are women I actually respect for voicing against injustice.

what I'm talking about is modern-present day feminism: treat women as fragile victims and strongly berate men for anything and everything.

Oh and @Ismet why wasn't @touchpause13 put on probation for bypassing the profanity filter in her post? since that was your main reason of putting me on probation.

double standards of peace

Members don't see this ad :)
The attitude that she was projecting of feeling attracted towards a more sociable person because 'it takes pressure off of her' is exemplary of princess syndrome. By modern feminist society, I'm not referring to the strive for equal rights for both genders that was pioneered by original feminists such as Susan Anthony, etc. Those are women I actually respect for voicing against injustice.

what I'm talking about is modern-present day feminism: treat women as fragile victims and strongly berate men for anything and everything.
How in the world is that "princess syndrome"? It's not like she's asking him to do anything extra or difficult by being sociable - he already is naturally. God forbid there should be people in the world who are introverts. I lean towards being introverted myself, and depend a bit on my extroverted friends in social situations to help me feel more comfortable. That doesn't mean I am somehow inconveniencing them...they already operate that way.

If you think modern feminists aren't also striving for equal rights, then you have been reading too many comments on the internet and not paying attention to reality.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh and @Ismet why wasn't @touchpause13 put on probation for bypassing the profanity filter in her post? since that was your main reason of putting me on probation.

double standards of peace

wambulance.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I've been attracted to a few guys who were shorter than me. They were all extremely confident and compassionate, yet they couldn't be pushed around. I guess what really stood out about these men was their charisma. Charisma and having lots of friends are very attractive to someone like me who is a little bit more shy and not really socially dominant. It takes the pressure off the woman if the guy has great social skills and a network of people to connect with.

Also, a couple of the shorter guys were pretty buff. What you lack in height you can make up for in strength.

And not making a woman feel weird about being taller is key. Above all else, be comfortable with yourself. Plenty of women won't be into you, but some will. To be honest, it's a bit of a turn off to see guys whine and complain. We all have our crosses to bear, but there's a time and a place to discuss them. When you're trying to attract a woman, try to radiate joy and have a sense of fun about you. The one shorter guy I'm still kind of in love with was always happy and positive. I don't know how he did it (he has really strong faith in God, so perhaps that was it), but literally everyone who met him wanted to be his friend. I wasn't attracted to him at first, but he grew on me, and then the tables turned and I liked him more than he liked me! He me feel really special--in a genuine, friendly, and not sleazy way--and that made me not notice the couple of inches of height difference.

Hope the experiences I shared give shorter guys some insight.

Your story is similar to another members story about dating a shorter guy though he was taller than her. The common theme is that both you and her were not interested or attracted to the guy initially which means there is no physical attraction, which is key to a successful relationship (though by no means the only element needed). If a woman is not attracted to me initially what is the impetus to still pursue her, wouldn't that annoy the crap out of her after she makes it clear she isnt attracted. Your friend is willing to walk that tightrope, I'm not. If you told me you weren't attracted, I would respect that and move on. I know there have been some men who would still pursue and may be successful but it's a fine line in my opinion.

I'm so happy he gave me an excuse to use this image, I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity. Thank you @lazyindy

gTfw7do.jpg

One day you guys will look back at this time and realize how much time you wasted on your self-pity party. Haven't you ever noticed that shorter, uglier, fatter, balder jerks of any race get women and often times better quality women than they deserve? They're cocky, arrogant, jerks, right?

Yep.

Wrapped up in that hot mess of arrogant jerk, is confidence that shines through, as repulsive as the rest of the package may be. Some of these guys are even self-doubting weaklings inside themselves, but they've learned to at least FAKE a level of confidence.

Fake it 'til you make it. One day, once you guys have actually found a women, and that fake confidence takes a hold in you becoming real, you'll slap yourselves silly for how much time you hung your head in a self-pity party.

I hate to be blunt, but I'm probably fatter, older, balder, shorter and uglier than all of you, and I've gotten more ----- than I can handle the time you've guys have spent since this thread started. Why? Because I refuse to pity party, and I believe in myself, which is contagious. And I treat my lady right.

Seriously, get off this ----ing thread, drop your fear of rejection (it happens to everyone, men and women, on the road to love) and put a layer of unflappable fake confidence on yourself, until you've had enough dating success to believe it yourself. Get in touch with the inner cocky, guy, that hasn't a care in the world and fake it 'til you make it. It works.

And remember, for every self doubting guy, there's a self doubting women out there looking for a guy with enough belief in himself, to believe in her. Believe in yourself, now. No ----ing excuses. Now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
One day you guys will look back at this time and realize how much time you wasted on your self-pity party. Haven't you ever noticed that shorter, uglier, fatter, balder jerks of any race get women and often times better quality women than they deserve? They're cocky, arrogant, jerks, right?

Yep.

Wrapped up in that hot mess of arrogant jerk, is confidence that shines through, as repulsive as the rest of the package may be. Some of these guys are even self-doubting weaklings inside themselves, but they've learned to at least FAKE a level of confidence.

Fake it 'til you make it. One day, once you guys have actually found a women, and that fake confidence takes a hold in you becoming real, you'll slap yourselves silly for how much time you hung your head in a self-pity party.

I hate to be blunt, but I'm probably fatter, older, balder, shorter and uglier than all of you, and I've gotten more ----- than I can handle the time you've guys have spent since this thread started. Why? Because I refuse to pity party, and I believe in myself, which is contagious. And I treat my lady right.

Seriously, get off this ----ing thread, drop your fear of rejection (it happens to everyone, men and women, on the road to love) and put a layer of unflappable fake confidence on yourself, until you've had enough dating success to believe it yourself. Get in touch with the inner cocky, guy, that hasn't a care in the world and fake it 'til you make it. It works.

And remember, for every self doubting guy, there's a self doubting women out there looking for a guy with enough belief in himself, to believe in her. Believe in yourself, now. No ----ing excuses. Now.

/thread

applause.gif

Reactions: 4 users
That being said I am of Asian origin myself and have no problem attracting women of any race but then again I do not spend much time playing Dragon Ball Z or watching Anime or being dorky.

East Asians do not have it that bad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously. None of the pix u have posted look white. It's not just being light skinned, their facial features don't look white.

Seriously? Are you mentally deficient? Lemme guess, you're one of those knuckleheads that thinks "Caucasian" = "Irish/British Isles Caucasian" or "North Western European Caucasian"?

Caucasian is a race based on bone structure. Caucasoids can have a wide range of facial features, but the most common components include a narrow, projecting nose, projecting chin, thin to medium lips, and large eyes of different shapes. It has no bearing on skin color whatsoever. It spans a vast range of people from Europe (an arbitrarily defined part of Asia, and NOT an isolated place by itself) to Southern Asia. In fact, if you knew anything about race, you would know that the Middle East and South Asia are WHERE the Caucasoid race developed. When these people migrated into Europe, over time, they mixed with three different groups of Caucasians, all of whom came from Asia and the Middle East, giving rise to present-day European peoples. There is NO such thing as a "pure" race or a "pure White" -- the term "White" is f***ing stupid in itself, because most "White" people are Beige or Olive, only the Irish and Northern Europeans are on average "Really light Beige" or "White" -- but still not really paper white in most cases. The rest of Europe -- including Southern and East Europe is darker on average -- and more like Beige - Olive- Light Brown, and in some cases, even Brown. The same goes for the Middle East, except they have fewer "Beige" colored people. Ditto for South Asia.

If you had even an ounce of IQ, you would be able to discern the differences between having "Caucasian" or "White" (again an erroneously conflated set of terms) facial features and bone structure, and having "White" skin. Many Chinese people (who belong to the Mongoloid race) have skin that is "Beige" or "White" -- in fact, Whit-er than many Europeans, Middle Easterners and South Asians. Does that make them "White" or "Caucasian"? The whole fiasco of naming people by color is such a f**k fest that I don't even know where to begin.

Case in point: This guy is an Italian.

0af4fde7147c8fd99f42314d2896b4d8_400x400.jpeg

Does he look "White" to you? Or simply "Caucasian"? I'd say the latter.

What about George Clooney?
George_Clooney-4_The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats_TIFF09_(cropped).jpg

Does he look "White" like Brad Pitt does? Absolutely Not. But he DOES look completely Caucasian.

By the same token, these Indian men are COMPLETELY Caucasian, regardless of their pigmentation:

Hrithik Roshan (has the same skin color as George Clooney incidentally, or John Stamos)

60648-hrithik-roshan.jpg

Shashi Kapoor:
url

^^These men above are just as Caucasian as George Clooney and the Italian guy above him, even though in the eyes of the illiterate person, they would look more Caucasian than the Italian guy, and in some cases, even George Clooney, because they happen to be lighter-skinned or "White" looking. Sheesh. The amount of ignorance is astounding.

And btw, look up any pubmed genetic study -- Indians are classed as Caucasians in every one of them. In fact, they still mark "White/Caucasian" in the USA as they are allowed to self-identify as what they wish -- since Indian is a nationality, and like the other poster said, Indian has more than 2000 different ethnic groups, some look Mongoloid/Chinese in the North East, some are Dravidian and look like Mindy Kaling (these people are darker, have different facial features and bone structure and are NOT Caucasian), some are tribal Australoids (again not Caucasian) and some are completely Caucasian like the North Indians pictured above.

I met a very nice Indian woman who is patiently awaiting the death of her mother-in-law so comments about her child being too dark will stop.

Are you African-American? I'm really curious, since you seem to keep harping on about colorism in the Indian community, when the fact is, that this problem only exists among the non-Caucasians (Dravidians and Tribals and admixed people) of the Indian subcontinent. The problem is also much more widespread among Africans and African Americans, since they are mostly Fitzpatrick 6 on the Fitzpatrick skin color scale, deeply pigmented (not that there is anything wrong with that, just a fact) and are the furthest thing from Caucasoid. In fact, genetic studies have found that all humans form a separate genetic cluster away from (West and Central and East) Africans, and (West and Central and East)Africans are far from all other races on Earth. You also seem to imply that Indians are racist towards both African-Americans and themselves, which is so presumptuous and frankly, imbecilic that I won't even address it.

Northern Indians (especially the higher caste) actually cluster closer to Caucasians than many people in Europe, including the Saami/Lapp people of Finland (think Renee Zellwegger). And they are completely Caucasian, as attested to by every scientist and anthropologist since the dawn of man. Even the U.S Supreme Court conceded this fact, even saying that they were "White" at one point, before putting them down as "other" for a short while, then reverting back to "White" from the 70s onward. It was actually the Southern Indians and Gujaratis (not Caucasian like the other Indians) who campaigned for Indians to be classified as "Asian" because they were under the erroneous assumption that they would be given "minority benefits" such as those similar to Hispanic Americans. Of course, that backfired, and now we are given the furthest thing away from quotas, thanks to having the highest SES in America and being overrepresented at all bastions of higher education. Now Indian Americans have the luxury of self-identifying based on their ethnic origins, as it should be.

And if you honestly say that you can't see the difference between this man:

A Southern Indian:
iJKmk6J2z4Jtm.jpg

These men, Northern Indians:
5549439509_0b57cdc33b.jpg

And this man, an Eastern Indian:
1357827639-ethnic-food-in-guwahati-assam_1716777.jpg

Then you are either blind, delusional or simply in denial. It's not just the skin color that is different, its EVERYTHING -- facial features, bone structure, hirsuteness, body structure, adipose tissue deposition patterns, and even texture of hair. Skin color is SECONDARY when it comes to race, as all races (with the exception of West and Central Africans) have a fairly wide spectrum of skin color. Besides, Northern Indians and Europeans share the exact same gene for light skin color -- and Asians do not. Asians have lighter skin due to the presence of a different gene.

And if those Northern Indians don't appear Caucasian to you, you are simply deluding yourself. Put any one of them on a street in America, and let the people speak for themselves. Better yet, ask any anthropologist, or let the genetic studies on pubmed speak for themselves. Or do you question science, despite being a physician? A shame, really.

Last edited:
And FWIW, as a non-White Caucasian myself, I have noticed little to no issues with Asian men attracting women in the USA (and by Asian, I mean Mongoloid) -- women of all races for that matter. The same can be said for Indian Caucasian and Middle Eastern Caucasian men as well. (I can't speak for myself, though my anecdotal experiences come from observing my friends and family) The same goes for the women. I can't speak for African-Americans, but from what I saw of my Nigerian-American friend, they seem to do pretty well for themselves as well, with women of all ethnic backgrounds. It really comes down to three things:

1) Being well educated and self-assured (AKA loving yourself, fitness)
2) Being confident when approaching women (AKA being Alpha)
3) Being successful at what you do (AKA career+resources)

All men have varying amounts of success at the three aforementioned things, and how they fare in the dating world comes down to those three variables and what combination they have of the above, and to what magnitude. Race is a non-issue, its all about the individual.

Seriously? Are you mentally deficient? Lemme guess, you're one of those knuckleheads that thinks "Caucasian" = "Irish/British Isles Caucasian" or "North Western European Caucasian"?

Caucasian is a race based on bone structure. Caucasoids can have a wide range of facial features, but the most common components include a narrow, projecting nose, projecting chin, thin to medium lips, and large eyes of different shapes. It has no bearing on skin color whatsoever. It spans a vast range of people from Europe (an arbitrarily defined part of Asia, and NOT an isolated place by itself) to Southern Asia. In fact, if you knew anything about race, you would know that the Middle East and South Asia are WHERE the Caucasoid race developed. When these people migrated into Europe, over time, they mixed with three different groups of Caucasians, all of whom came from Asia and the Middle East, giving rise to present-day European peoples. There is NO such thing as a "pure" race or a "pure White" -- the term "White" is f***ing stupid in itself, because most "White" people are Beige or Olive, only the Irish and Northern Europeans are on average "Really light Beige" or "White" -- but still not really paper white in most cases. The rest of Europe -- including Southern and East Europe is darker on average -- and more like Beige - Olive- Light Brown, and in some cases, even Brown. The same goes for the Middle East, except they have fewer "Beige" colored people. Ditto for South Asia.

If you had even an ounce of IQ, you would be able to discern the differences between having "Caucasian" or "White" (again an erroneously conflated set of terms) facial features and bone structure, and having "White" skin. Many Chinese people (who belong to the Mongoloid race) have skin that is "Beige" or "White" -- in fact, Whit-er than many Europeans, Middle Easterners and South Asians. Does that make them "White" or "Caucasian"? The whole fiasco of naming people by color is such a f**k fest that I don't even know where to begin.

Case in point: This guy is an Italian.

0af4fde7147c8fd99f42314d2896b4d8_400x400.jpeg

Does he look "White" to you? Or simply "Caucasian"? I'd say the latter.

What about George Clooney?
George_Clooney-4_The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats_TIFF09_(cropped).jpg

Does he look "White" like Brad Pitt does? Absolutely Not. But he DOES look completely Caucasian.

By the same token, these Indian men are COMPLETELY Caucasian, regardless of their pigmentation:

Hrithik Roshan (has the same skin color as George Clooney incidentally, or John Stamos)

60648-hrithik-roshan.jpg

Shashi Kapoor:
url

^^These men above are just as Caucasian as George Clooney and the Italian guy above him, even though in the eyes of the illiterate person, they would look more Caucasian than the Italian guy, and in some cases, even George Clooney, because they happen to be lighter-skinned or "White" looking. Sheesh. The amount of ignorance is astounding.

And btw, look up any pubmed genetic study -- Indians are classed as Caucasians in every one of them. In fact, they still mark "White/Caucasian" in the USA as they are allowed to self-identify as what they wish -- since Indian is a nationality, and like the other poster said, Indian has more than 2000 different ethnic groups, some look Mongoloid/Chinese in the North East, some are Dravidian and look like Mindy Kaling (these people are darker, have different facial features and bone structure and are NOT Caucasian), some are tribal Australoids (again not Caucasian) and some are completely Caucasian like the North Indians pictured above.
Stop.

Did you even read my post? I said that whiteness isn't based on skin color it's based on facial features more so (aka bone structure). I made the exact same point you did without acting like a douche. Calm down.

Stop.

Did you even read my post? I said that whiteness isn't based on skin color it's based on facial features more so (aka bone structure). I made the exact same point you did without acting like a douche. Calm down.

How about you STOP and re-read what you posted in the aforementioned quoted reply:

"Seriously. None of the pix u have posted look white. It's not just being light skinned, their facial features don't look white."

I'm actually surprised you've made it thus far in Medical School (or so you claim) without having a basic grasp on reading comprehension and on composition. In case you didn't understand what you actually wrote yourself in the quoted bit of text referenced above, let me break it down for you.

"None of the pix u have posted look white." -- Here you are making the classic mistake (that I so eloquently refuted in my post above) of conflating "White" with "Caucasian" -- hence you didn't actually say that "[sic] whiteness isn't based on skin color it's based on facial features" -- in fact, you implied the exact opposite in this case.

Furthermore, you then went on to write this little gem (a crock of **** as well, I might add):

"It's not just being light skinned, their facial features don't look white"

In essence what you stated with the above post, is that those North Indian Caucasian men DO NOT have facial features that "look white" -- whatever the f**k that means (and it means NOTHING -- features cannot look "White" they can only look Caucasian). In other words, you basically stated that those North Indian Caucasian men do NOT have Caucasian facial features and Caucasian bone structure, when IN FACT, they do -- which is the point that I made -- NOT the point that you made, contrary to your latest (fraudulent) claim. You truly need mental help if you think that you made the *exact* same point that I did. Still living in delusion?

I really wish I could take this thread out back and put it down.

Why be the devil's advocate? Self-hate issues much? Lemme guess, a Dravidian Indian (Non-Caucasian) who is unable to face the reality that Indians are different and that its a Nationality, not a f**kin race? Oooh but that would cause a lot of butthurt to those Indians that erroneously make those "Indian Student Association" and "South Asian Student Association" clubs at school -- which incidentally, makes as much sense as making an "American Students Association" -- in other words, it means jack ****. Keep your insecurities to yourselves. Dravidians doesnt equal Indian. It is a nationality with thousands of different ethnic groups.

And I don't look like Apu or Sendhil Ramamurthy (not that it matters) thank you very much. And no, I dont have an accent or super swarthy skin or super smelly curry-like odor (incidentally curry is only eaten by South Indians as a spice -- North Indians eat garam masala in their cuisine -- COMPLETELY different and thus we cannot be called by that oh-so-famous epithet "curry munchers" -- essentially every negative stereotype about Indians in the Indian diaspora worldwide can be attributed to Dravidians and Dravidians alone. They truly did a fine job of maligning all Indians with the same tarry brush)

Why be the devil's advocate? Self-hate issues much? Lemme guess, a Dravidian Indian (Non-Caucasian) who is unable to face the reality that Indians are different and that its a Nationality, not a f**kin race? Oooh but that would cause a lot of butthurt to those Indians that erroneously make those "Indian Student Association" and "South Asian Student Association" clubs at school -- which incidentally, makes as much sense as making an "American Students Association" -- in other words, it means jack ****. Keep your insecurities to yourselves. Dravidians doesnt equal Indian. It is a nationality with thousands of different ethnic groups.
tumblr_inline_ncumyqCOBY1s9cs0f.gif

I'm just tired of this thread getting brought back from the dead, as it only seems to creep up when someone is:

1: Trolling
2: Self-Loathing
3: Being a Douche to Some Other Group of People

tumblr_nd1431gEzx1sdccuuo1_400.gif

I think we should all just agree to let it die and put it in the ground where it belongs.

What is even happening in this thread...

A coming-clean of ill-conceived stereotypes about Indians, perpetuated in eternity thanks to the ubiquity and omnipresence of Dravidians and other non-Caucasoid Indians in the worldwide Indian diaspora. I thought it needed to be said that some Indians, like yours truly, are completely Caucasian, and not only look as such, but are genetically Caucasian as well, which has been substantiated by everyone from forensic anthropologists to geneticists to medical bodies and historians.

tumblr_inline_ncumyqCOBY1s9cs0f.gif

I'm just tired of this thread getting brought back from the dead, as it only seems to creep up when someone is:

1: Trolling
2: Self-Loathing
3: Being a Douche to Some Other Group of People

tumblr_nd1431gEzx1sdccuuo1_400.gif

I think we should all just agree to let it die and put it in the ground where it belongs.

Good for you. I'm Caucasian as well. The term "White" like I mentioned before is MEANINGLESS. I am "Whiter" than many Italian men (one of whom is my friend) -- that doesn't mean I am somehow "better" than them or "more Caucasian" than them. But these stereotypes need to STOP. Indians are NOT a race. They never were, and they never will be.

Are you African-American? I'm really curious, since you seem to keep harping on about colorism in the Indian community, when the fact is, that this problem only exists among the non-Caucasians (Dravidians and Tribals and admixed people) of the Indian subcontinent. The problem is also much more widespread among Africans and African Americans, since they are mostly Fitzpatrick 6 on the Fitzpatrick skin color scale, deeply pigmented (not that there is anything wrong with that, just a fact) and are the furthest thing from Caucasoid. In fact, genetic studies have found that all humans form a separate genetic cluster away from (West and Central and East) Africans, and (West and Central and East)Africans are far from all other races on Earth. You also seem to imply that Indians are racist towards both African-Americans and themselves, which is so presumptuous and frankly, imbecilic that I won't even address it.

Northern Indians (especially the higher caste) actually cluster closer to Caucasians than many people in Europe, including the Saami/Lapp people of Finland (think Renee Zellwegger). And they are completely Caucasian, as attested to by every scientist and anthropologist since the dawn of man. Even the U.S Supreme Court conceded this fact, even saying that they were "White" at one point, before putting them down as "other" for a short while, then reverting back to "White" from the 70s onward. It was actually the Southern Indians and Gujaratis (not Caucasian like the other Indians) who campaigned for Indians to be classified as "Asian" because they were under the erroneous assumption that they would be given "minority benefits" such as those similar to Hispanic Americans. Of course, that backfired, and now we are given the furthest thing away from quotas, thanks to having the highest SES in America and being overrepresented at all bastions of higher education. Now Indian Americans have the luxury of self-identifying based on their ethnic origins, as it should be.

And if you honestly say that you can't see the difference between this man:

A Southern Indian:
iJKmk6J2z4Jtm.jpg

These men, Northern Indians:
5549439509_0b57cdc33b.jpg

And this man, an Eastern Indian:
1357827639-ethnic-food-in-guwahati-assam_1716777.jpg

Then you are either blind, delusional or simply in denial. It's not just the skin color that is different, its EVERYTHING -- facial features, bone structure, hirsuteness, body structure, adipose tissue deposition patterns, and even texture of hair. Skin color is SECONDARY when it comes to race, as all races (with the exception of West and Central Africans) have a fairly wide spectrum of skin color. Besides, Northern Indians and Europeans share the exact same gene for light skin color -- and Asians do not. Asians have lighter skin due to the presence of a different gene.

And if those Northern Indians don't appear Caucasian to you, you are simply deluding yourself. Put any one of them on a street in America, and let the people speak for themselves. Better yet, ask any anthropologist, or let the genetic studies on pubmed speak for themselves. Or do you question science, despite being a physician? A shame, really.

Good for you. I'm Caucasian as well. The term "White" like I mentioned before is MEANINGLESS. I am "Whiter" than many Italian men (one of whom is my friend) -- that doesn't mean I am somehow "better" than them or "more Caucasian" than them. But these stereotypes need to STOP. Indians are NOT a race. They never were, and they never will be.
@Dave89 @Trismegistus4 I need your opinions on this one, I don't speak derpy racist as well as you guys and am in desperate need of an interpreter.

Reactions: 1 users
Oooh look, another circle-jerk of posting cliched, overwrought, pathetic little memes in an attempt to imbue sarcasm into your pathetic rebuttals. FAIL. Continue languishing in your delusional existence, I could care less about spending time trying to enlighten the minds of the woefully, willfully ignorant. I'm officially done here.

This thread gets more and more ******ed by the day.

The best example of an Asian man was Bruce Lee by far and he was able to get it in a day when racism was out in the open before all the politically correct bull**** we deal with today in the 21st century, he came to America in the 1960s when the civil rights movement just got started. Its amazing how the current generation acts like the sky is falling when they can make things work in their favor.

The real thing working against a lot of guys regardless of race is feminism, making men of all races look like buffoons and fools, emasculating them, and generally the fact that they have no power anymore in the relationship and family structure.

Last edited:
Oooh look, another circle-jerk of posting cliched, overwrought, pathetic little memes in an attempt to imbue sarcasm into your pathetic rebuttals. FAIL. Continue languishing in your delusional existence, I could care less about spending time trying to enlighten the minds of the woefully, willfully ignorant. I'm officially done here.
Regardless of what you do, it was nice seeing you again Ark.

Finally saying something I can agree with

I have been through the divorce process, I can tell you as a male, its not pleasant. Luckily my ex was nice, and did not cause me a lot of trouble. A lot of other men are not so lucky, I read horror stories about legal battles over money, homes, child custody and support. We did not have kids, we rented an apartment, so we there were no battles to fight.

The most insulting thing about it was that she served with divorce papers on Christmas eve, it was a complete surprise and I sent her a present the day before. It was like a punch in the face.

Anyway I got over it, my current girlfriend is more traditional, a church going type.

Last edited:
Are you African-American? I'm really curious, since you seem to keep harping on about colorism in the Indian community, when the fact is, that this problem only exists among the non-Caucasians (Dravidians and Tribals and admixed people) of the Indian subcontinent.
Northern Indians (especially the higher caste) actually cluster closer to Caucasians than many people in Europe, including the Saami/Lapp people of Finland (think Renee Zellwegger). And they are completely Caucasian, as attested to by every scientist and anthropologist since the dawn of man.

... A coming-clean of ill-conceived stereotypes about Indians, perpetuated in eternity thanks to the ubiquity and omnipresence of Dravidians and other non-Caucasoid Indians in the worldwide Indian diaspora.

... essentially every negative stereotype about Indians in the Indian diaspora worldwide can be attributed to Dravidians and Dravidians alone. They truly did a fine job of maligning all Indians with the same tarry brush)

Pure gold. Way to fight the stereotypes.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread gets more and more ******ed by the day.

The best example of an Asian man was Bruce Lee by far and he was able to get it in a day when racism was out in the open before all the politically correct bull**** we deal with today in the 21st century, he came to America in the 1960s when the civil rights movement just got started. Its amazing how the current generation acts like the sky is falling when they can make things work in their favor.

The real thing working against a lot of guys regardless of race is feminism, making men of all races look like buffoons and fools, emasculating them, and generally the fact that they have no power anymore in the relationship and family structure.
Interestingly, he was also a quarter German.

Interestingly, he was also a quarter German.

No one associated him with being of European heritage, they associated him with being Chinese. Obama was born to a white mother with European ancestry but everyone associates him with his father's Kenyan ancestry. Go figure.

I was born in one of the original 13 colonies of America, but people associate me with being Japanese, go figure that one.

Feminism is a big issue when it comes to how bad the dating and marriage scene has gotten these days. I am not against women's rights, but the idea of contemporary feminism is not about gender equality but more about putting men down and about using the system against men and emasculating them and disenfranchising them as well as building tension and mistrust between the genders.

Of course there are men out there who act inappropriately with women, who physically and mentally abuse women, who use their physical and economic prowess against women, which is wrong and cowardly. But for feminists to run on the assumption that every single man is like that or has the potential to become like that is evil and just backfires and creates more problems and distrust. Its collective punishment in my book.

Last edited:
No one associated him with being of European heritage, they associated him with being Chinese. Obama was born to a white mother with European ancestry but everyone associates him with his father's Kenyan ancestry. Go figure.

I was born in one of the original 13 colonies of America, but people associate me with being Japanese, go figure that one.
I never understood it either, personally. Obama is as white as he is black, but it seems that people (both black and white alike) consider him black because evidently the one drop rule didn't die in the South.

I never understood it either, personally. Obama is as white as he is black, but it seems that people (both black and white alike) consider him black because evidently the one drop rule didn't die in the South.

That is because of his appearance, he looks black, there are other biracial people who take the appearance of their white parent. Michael Jackson's daughter comes to mind.

Dean Cain was born Dean Tanaka, his dad is Japanese, and his mom is white, but people actually think he is white, he played Superman on Lois and Clark, a lot of people do not know this about him.

Also Keanu Reeves, his father was Chinese Hawaiian and his mother is British, but he is considered to be white. Most people do not know he is half Asian.

Zayn Malik is also mixed race, his mother is British and his dad is Pakistani but everyone says he is Pakistani.

Honestly I could not care less if people think I am from Japan, because Japan is associated with a lot of good things, nothing to be ashamed of, its not like some other countries.

Last edited:
It's just like a situation where you look white but are actually biracial. Or you are biracial but somehow the genes end up coming together to make you look like a completely different ethnicity altogether. People think my mom is hispanic but she's Jamaican/White. And it's interesting because on many levels it is what you look like that determines which type of experience you are more likely to have. A biracial man who "looks black" is probably going to have racially-driven social experiences more similar to black men than white men, and vice versa. A biracial man who could pass for white becoming president probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal, either. It is also interesting, to me at least, that a biracial person who looks white has the luxury of claiming or ignoring their minority heritage as they see fit, but someone who doesn't look white often isn't really given the option of claiming their white heritage.

There's considerable debate as to whether she's even genetically his daughter. But yeah, you're correct- people tend to pick what they look like most and stick with it, for whatever reason.

http://gawker.com/5991340/now-its-c...ogical-father-of-at-least-one-of-his-children

Apparently I googled Keanu Reeves and he looked Asian during his childhood but as an adult he clearly looks European.

I remember when Dean Cain was the TV Superman I never suspected he had Asian ancestry, he once portrayed a racist football player on A Different World also. Then I read about him and it said his father was Japanese American but did not play much of a role in his life but I took another look at his face and he had some subtle Asian features.

There is the WWE wrestler Battista, who I always thought was Hispanic but he is actually Filipino which surprised me, his dad is Filipino and mother is Greek.

I thought the Rock had some Filpino ancestry too, but apparently his father is African American and his mother is Samoan, but he seems to appear Pacific Islander.

Apparently I googled Keanu Reeves and he looked Asian during his childhood but as an adult he clearly looks European.

I remember when Dean Cain was the TV Superman I never suspected he had Asian ancestry, he once portrayed a racist football player on A Different World also. Then I read about him and it said his father was Japanese American but did not play much of a role in his life but I took another look at his face and he had some subtle Asian features.

There is the WWE wrestler Battista, who I always thought was Hispanic but he is actually Filipino which surprised me, his dad is Filipino and mother is Greek.

I thought the Rock had some Filpino ancestry too, but apparently his father is African American and his mother is Samoan, but he seems to appear Pacific Islander.
I think how much you think someone looks a particular ethnicity has more to do with how much you interact with a specific group. I've seen lots of native people get misidentified as hispanic or mixed :shrug:
To me the Rock looks black, Keanu looks like a mix of a lot of different ethnicities, but whatever it's really neither here nor there.
Genetics are complex, shoot look at this lady:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ather-never-knew-had.html?ito=social-facebook

I think how much you think someone looks a particular ethnicity has more to do with how much you interact with a specific group. I've seen lots of native people get misidentified as hispanic or mixed :shrug:
To me the Rock looks black, Keanu looks like a mix of a lot of different ethnicities, but whatever it's really neither here nor there.
Genetics are complex, shoot look at this lady:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ather-never-knew-had.html?ito=social-facebook

I always thought Dwayne Johnson was totally Pacific Islander, but he is 50 percent Maori from his mom's side, he looked Hawaiian/Pacific Islander to me, I never thought he had African American ancestry. His tattoos give it away even more.

He was married to a white Cuban woman from Miami for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.