Short on time...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadian Premed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started studying for the MCAT earlier this week and I'm trying to do some passages here and there but a single passage sometimes takes me more than 10 minutes. For Verbal for example I finish right when the alarm goes off.

On top of that I still get on average 2 wrong per passage (after studying that chapter's material). What am I doing wrong? Besides the time, I mean I read the material and I understand it, shouldn't I be getting perfects on those passages (from TPR)???

PS: How should I time myself for each passage for gchem, physics, ochem, bio, verbal? How many minutes per passage?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started studying for the MCAT earlier this week and I'm trying to do some passages here and there but a single passage sometimes takes me more than 10 minutes. For Verbal for example I finish right when the alarm goes off.

On top of that I still get on average 2 wrong per passage (after studying that chapter's material). What am I doing wrong? Besides the time, I mean I read the material and I understand it, shouldn't I be getting perfects on those passages (from TPR)???

PS: How should I time myself for each passage for gchem, physics, ochem, bio, verbal? How many minutes per passage?

Physics and Bio: 7 passages, about 10 discretes, 70 minutes:
i say 8.5 min each passage leaving about 10 minutes for discretes
Verbal Reasoning 7 passages 60 minutes:
8.5 minutes a passage -- try to get under 8 minutes because ull be more stressed for time on the real thing, especially with the longer passages