short sleeved suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cute. Glad you're a girl and not a guy though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy crap, that is an adorable suit. I think it looks professional and you'll stand out (in a good way, imo) from the sea of black.

Yeah, I was going into this thread assuming at the OP was a guy. Would've said he'd look like a male stripper.

love it! i too was imagining a short sleeved suit on a guy. not ok.

Just wanted to throw out the fact that you'll probably be indoors in climate control for 90% of the interview day (outside of the campus tour, and you could just take the suit jacket off for that), so having a suit with short sleeves is probably not super necessary. As everyone else has said though, the suit looks absolutely awesome and the color is great.

this would actually look pretty alpha if you had powerful forearms:

Short-Sleeve-Men-s-Suits-ST36-15-.jpg

Edit: flatearth22 beat me to it

Members don't see this ad :)
When I read the title of this thread, this is what immediately came to mind:

Men-s-Short-Sleeve-Suits-BL094B001-.jpg

EDIT: I was beat to the punch!!!!
Man_Suit_Men_s_Short--3013019_3502469.html

But, being serious, the suit you picked looks great! good luck!

thanks :) I am a chick by the way. I don't think I'd have the guts to wear that if I was a male haha. I don't know it's interesting that a short sleeve suit would be acceptable for a female and not a male...

It's cute, but the skirt might be a little short for an interview. (If you're as tall/thin as the model anyway. :))

Personally I would like to see a shorter hemline and deeper v-neck...

But only if you're not ugly/fat.

+1, for some reason I totally was imagining a short sleeved mens suit. It was odd indeed. But this looks nice, I say keep it :)

+2

I came in here expecting some trollolol action. Disappointed that this was an actual legitimate post.

Personally, I would like to see more cleavage.

But, only if you're not saggy

+1, for some reason I totally was imagining a short sleeved mens suit. It was odd indeed. But this looks nice, I say keep it :)

+3

this would actually look pretty alpha if you had powerful forearms:

Short-Sleeve-Men-s-Suits-ST36-15-.jpg

Somehow that suit reminds me of Kim Jong-il.... weird...:shifty:

But anyway, the suit looks good, but it seems like the skirt might be a tad short..?
Especially if you have longer legs ya know..

You roll a 50/50 on this, the skirt is a little short so if your interviewer is male you're golden, if interviewer is female well she will hate you anyway if you're attractive so doesn't really matter if she hates you for everything or hates you for everything + the short skit so go for it!

It is a nice suit. good job.
btw I love the short-sleeved suit dude pics. they are hilarious :]

Looks good! Just be sure to use lots of deodorant...if it's really going to be as hot as you fear, polyester isn't going to be very, ah, breathable for your skin. Suits do tend to be more multilayered than other garments.

i agree i like deeper v neck jackets, but i couldn't find any my size that weren't really expensive or had a matching bottom. I'm really short (5'2") so the skirt is at the knee so not like the model. I will be wearing something underneath on the top.

are you guys sure that the jacket is not too informal?

Personally, I would like to see more cleavage.

But, only if you're not saggy

Ugh, and guys wonder why women think you're all creeps.

OP, that's a really cute suit! I think it's totally appropriate and professional. :)

are you guys sure that the jacket is not too informal?

in my (male) opinion this suit may be a bit too unconventional for a professional school interview. maybe try to accentuate yourself more subtly.

This is not a suit for a profesional interview.
Med school interviews are typically conducted indoors in air conditioned buildings. The short sleeves will make you stand out in a bad way.

In a hot climate, in an interview for medical school, I think that this would be fine (although I agree that a polyester lining will be pure hell). The other reservation I would have would be the risk of being assigned to an overly cool room and freezing! If your interviewer is wearing a long sleeve shirt and a standard men's suit, the A/C might be cranked up.

This is not an interview for bank vice president and the whole "professional" suit thing has really gone overboard in the last 15-20 years, IMO.

Take over the worldddddddddddddd (from Team America)

+3

Somehow that suit reminds me of Kim Jong-il.... weird...:shifty:

But anyway, the suit looks good, but it seems like the skirt might be a tad short..?
Especially if you have longer legs ya know..