Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Shoul I send a transcript update?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hercules, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Hercules

Hercules Son of Zeus
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey guys,
    I just got my grades back for this semester and they were kick-ass! Much better than I was expecting(3 A's, 2 A+'s). Since I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 of my med schools, should I send an updated transcript to them? I don't want to harass them, but these grades can't hurt my chances, and could help me out a bit.

------------------
    Hercules

But there is also a time for sleeping.
    -Odysseus in the Odyssey 11.330-331

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WingZero

WingZero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Most definitely. Send updates of grades, awards, publications, anything to help support your application. I think it really helped when I applied to schools last year. Couple that with a letter or two explaining your interest in a school along with additional letters of recommendation, and you'll be improving your chances significantly. Believe me, this is far from "harassing". Just wait till you hear stories of people on waitlists in August calling schools every day to see if a spot has opened up...

3. Hercules

Hercules Son of Zeus
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks wingzero. I'm putting the transcript request in tomorrow.

------------------
    Hercules

But there is also a time for sleeping.
    -Odysseus in the Odyssey 11.330-331

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...