Should certain classes be taken before applying to Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nnal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking my DAT May 2012 and will be applying for entry in Fall 2013. When I apply, I will have taken Ochem I/II and their labs as well as Microbiology. I will be taking BioChem and an upper course Fall 2012. I was wondering if not having BioChem and another semester of an upper level Biology course would decrease my chances of getting in? Also, I will still have to take Statistics as well..

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on taking my DAT May 2012 and will be applying for entry in Fall 2013. When I apply, I will have taken Ochem I/II and their labs as well as Microbiology. I will be taking BioChem and an upper course Fall 2012. I was wondering if not having BioChem and another semester of an upper level Biology course would decrease my chances of getting in? Also, I will still have to take Statistics as well..

i am taking physics 2, micro, and biochem while interviewing at d-schools. its fine as long as you told the schools you are planning to take those courses (some schools need micro and biochem in order to be admitted.)

so you're fine.

Thank you so much!

no problem, ps you "tell" schools of upcoming courses by updating the Future Coursework section of the AADSAS application.

good luck to you!!!