Mar 16, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I had a random thought about what would happen if ED physicians went on strike. Depending on what problems you experience at your facility or location (Press Ganeys, customer satisfaction before quality medicine, administration BS, lawsuits), a strike although not really ethical could really gain progress in eliminating some of the negatives of the job. I would expect the general public to be pretty upset though...."They make 3 figure salaries.."etc. I am not saying this is what I would want to do. It's just a thought that went through my mind. Anyone else?

GeneralVeers

Globus Hystericus
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2005
Las Vegas
Status
Attending Physician
I had a random thought about what would happen if ED physicians went on strike. Depending on what problems you experience at your facility or location (Press Ganeys, customer satisfaction before quality medicine, administration BS, lawsuits), a strike although not really ethical could really gain progress in eliminating some of the negatives of the job. I would expect the general public to be pretty upset though...."They make 3 figure salaries.."etc. I am not saying this is what I would want to do. It's just a thought that went through my mind. Anyone else?
I would strike too, if I was paid what you are....

Arcan57

15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Posting while under the influence seems like a good thing, but rarely works out.

RustedFox

Go to the ER now, or you'll have a stroke.
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
Status
Attending Physician
Look at the numeric keypad. :) 3 and 6 are one atop the other. I've made this saaaame mistake before.