Medical Should I accept DO or do post-bass and reapply for MD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some advice on what to do. I applied to 4 DO and 19 MD schools this cycle. Accepted to 2 DO. Had only 2 MD interviews and am wait listed at both. I really want to attend MD.

Started out at BC and had a bad semester (shoulder injury/surgery and a death in my family). Transferred to one of the small Ivies. My GPA continued to go up, with my last semester GPA 4.03. I was a varsity athlete and held a research job (part-time).
Extracurricular and leadership activities:
Over 200 shadowing hours
Over 200 volunteer hours
I am an EMT and volunteer fireman (have been for over 4 years). I had a research position for 1 year, and am currently working as a scribe in an ortho office.

My stats:

White male
GPA: 3.5
MCAT: 516
State of Residence: New York

Should I reapply, do a post bacc or go to a DO school?

Thank you for your advice.
Go to your DO school of your choice if you don't get off the waitlist. Why go through this again?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just meant to try to get into an MD school vs DO school? Is there a significant difference?
That depends on you. Is there a difference...yes. Is it easier for MD to land better residencies, yes. Is it impossible for DO to do competitive specialties, no. You would likely need an additional year of post-bac work to have a shot at MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.