Should I add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, the neuroticism is real. Im complete at 25 schools (end of July/beginning of August, for 90% of them) should i add more?

3.73c/3.79s 31 mcat (11/8/12)

Rural PA. Service oriented app.

Current list:
Penn State
Temple
Drexel
Jefferson
Penn
Commonwealth
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Vermont
Oakland
Western Michigan
Miami
Rush
Loyola
South Florida
Albany
Stony Brook
Dartmouth
Marshall
West Virginia

One II so far, WVU. Should i add more?
Should i take the risk of applying to PCOM without a DO letter (ive tried EVERYTHING, cant find anyone to shadow)?

And tips of patience? Patience is virtue but i for real check my email every 5 minutes it feels like. I feel like adding more schools would definitely increase my chances..also worried it's getting kinda late.

So..now what?
I realize my MCAT is really limiting and ive exhausted most schools in my range. But im for real losing my mind with impatience! Help!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list, and already have 1 II. I think you will be okay.

You're fine. Not all DO schools require DO letters. Look into the ones that don't and maybe add a couple DO's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for entertaining my neuroticism, everyone. The silence is deafening! So hard to be patient.

You're fine. Not all DO schools require DO letters. Look into the ones that don't and maybe add a couple DO's.

From what I've read, PCOM doesn't require a letter, just HIGHLY recommends one. What does that do for a candidate's chances?

Rosalind Franklin, St. Louis, Creighton and Tulane are also worth applying to with your stats.

I've really been looking more into Creighton as of late. I like their mission. Just not sure how I feel about Nebraska.