Medical Should I add schools in batches to AMCAS to not get overwhelmed with secondaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear experts on SDN,

I submitted my AMCAS primary in mid-June and it is about to be verified. Unfortunately I had an accident recently and the injury will affect my ability to write and turn around secondary essays quickly. I am international and I am planning to apply to 25+ schools. My school list is already made but I have yet submitted the school list to AMCAS. I feel that if I add all 25+ schools at once, there is no way I can return my secondaries within two weeks given my current health condition. I know not all schools care about the two-week turn around guideline but some schools do. In this case, should I add my schools in batches to AMCAS (e.g. 8-10 schools at a time) to avoid getting overwhelmed by too many secondaries within a short period of time? My LM score is over 80 and I expect to receive secondaries from most schools that I apply to.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.

I really don’t think it matters. No one has the time to micromanage your secondaries. Add the schools you plan to apply to, and complete the secondaries in a timeframe that is reasonable to you. If it takes a while to complete some of them, I would not fret.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.