Should I add Wash. U to my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batchild39

Professional Sloth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got this shiny brochure in the mail from Wash U in St. Louis cuz they liked my MCAT score. I know I have zero chance of getting in (my gpa isn't pretty), but for once a medschool is actually saying something nice. After all the psychological abuse from schools last year when I didn't get in anywhere, this feels pretty good. Should I apply to this school despite being ultra-late in the process and having crummy grades just because they actually treated me like a human being?

-GM

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I wondered the same thing yesterday when I received their little advertisement, but then I did a topic search on here and it seems this topic has been discussed quite a bit. In the end, I figured, well, they're # ho's and even though I might have the #'s they're looking for, I don't wanna waste my money on 'em this late in the game... and, I wouldn't wanna live in St. L. even if I was accepted. So... it's up to you, but I highly suggest you look into some of the past discussions of this. I saw waaaaaaaay too many ppl rejected right after their check was cashed for this marketing ploy to entice me. :thumbdown:

Good Luck!!

Sev

Good call on doing a search. I guess i'll save my 30 bucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually, they haven't really treated you like a human being but like a number. they send out brochures and letters to anyone with a certain mcat score. they don't even know anything else about your application. even for those who do get recruited, only the top 1/10 will probably be accepted.

Severus said:
Hey, I wondered the same thing yesterday when I received their little advertisement, but then I did a topic search on here and it seems this topic has been discussed quite a bit. In the end, I figured, well, they're # ho's and even though I might have the #'s they're looking for, I don't wanna waste my money on 'em this late in the game... and, I wouldn't wanna live in St. L. even if I was accepted. So... it's up to you, but I highly suggest you look into some of the past discussions of this. I saw waaaaaaaay too many ppl rejected right after their check was cashed for this marketing ploy to entice me. :thumbdown:

Good Luck!!

Sev

I tried to do a search on this using the google search at the bottom of the page but came up with nothing. Is this different than a "topic search" and if not, would you mind telling me what your search terms were?

Thanks!

cookiemonster said:
I tried to do a search on this using the google search at the bottom of the page but came up with nothing. Is this different than a "topic search" and if not, would you mind telling me what your search terms were?

Thanks!

Up at the toolbar, there is an SDN search. Here are some of the threads I was talking about:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=138060&page=4&highlight=Washu+letter+mcat

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=52009&highlight=Washu+letter+mcat

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=101573&page=3&highlight=Washu+letter+mcat

HTH,

Sev