should I apply for late application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AOx4RN

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
AA 20 TS 21
sGPA: 3.0-3.3 (haven't calculated - just averaging)

Currently a registered nurse - 5 years of nursing - 3.5 years of intensive care unit 1.5 of current post anesthesia care unit
100+ hours of dental shadow/volunteer

Trying to apply to only two schools, since im missing a couple pre-reqs - should I still shoot for it and try to apply or wait until next cycle? Will be taking pre-reqs next semester!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait until next cycle. If you only apply to two schools you need your app submitted early not very late. With your GPA and DAT score you should be applying to 15 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Too risky to try?
I personally think it is too risky. Pre-December interviews are winding down, and lower GPA applicants are encouraged to apply much, much earlier to compensate.

If you have money to gamble I would give it a try! You would be looking at post December interviews which is more competitive. Also if you do not get accepted, you will have an extra essay in the app asking something along the lines of "what have you done in past year to improve your application?"