Question: Should I apply now for Fall 2012 or should I wait a year and apply Fall 2013? My Situation: I am considering applying to Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA), University Louisiana of Monroe (ULM), University of Missippi (Olemiss), and Lecom for Fall 2012. I am on my last year of prerequisites. I have 20 credits to finish for XULA and ULM, 26 credits for Olemiss, and 7 for Lecom. My Science and Math GPA is about 3.6 and my general is also about 3.4. I have not taken my PCAT yet, and am planning to do so in September. I have no background in health care. However, I have good experience working with children as a paraprofessional at an elementary school for 2 years. Besides studying for my classes, I spend my free time building websites for various people and my husband's clients and friends. Despite my inexperience in the healthcare/pharmacy field, my so-so GPA, and my unknown PCAT score, do I have a shot at pharmacy school this year? What would be a competitive Pcat score with my Gpa? Should I wait another year, pursue a bachelor's degree, and volunteer at a hospital or a pharmacy store to gain hours? The reason I am a dilemma is the extra year of school means one more year managing on one income for my family. I am serious about pursuing pharmacy as a career and am trying to do so without straining my family or putting unnecessary burden on my husband. XULA is my target school due to location. It will allow the family to stay together. If I get accepted to Olemiss or ULM, I will only be able to see my family on the weekends. If I get accepted to Lecom, I will see them on the holidays and the summer only. That is if I can get in... The bachelor's degree I am planning to pursue is a limited enrollment health-care related program that lasts 16 months. The deadline for that program is coming up. I need to decide whether I am applying to pharmacy school or that program. That degree can (hopefully) help me stand out more if I apply to pharmacy school for fall 2013 and allow me to find a job in that particular health-care field in case anything happens to my husband's job. What should I do?! Your input would help greatly! P.S. Let me add that most of my prerequisites were completed at a community college if that makes any difference.