should i apply now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cac5108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i am retaking my mcat on june 18th bc i scored a 25Q the first time

my amcas app. is done and ready to submit, should i wait till july 21st when the new scores come in to submit, or submit them on june 2nd and just indicate the retake?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You should summit your primary as soon as possible 'cause it takes 4-6 weeks to verify your application. just indicate that you'll retake so they'll put your app on hold and send it out immediately when your score arrived.

so applying the first day with another mcat pending is the best way to go in this situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
yep.

r u interested in DO as well? 'cause ur score is average for some DO schools. If you have an awesome GPA, I think some DO school would send u secondary app with ur current stats. taking in account that u have good ECs and heart melting personal statement.
But the key is to always hit the summit button as soon as possible. Some people don't even wait for their transcript to arrive.

well i have a 3.90 cum gpa, 3.90 sci gpa, double major in bio and nutr., member of the honors college, research exp., volunteering, shadowing, ta, tutoring, part of publications, have my honors thesis done, IM sports, etc...

hopefully i can score higher the next time and ill be ok, i feel like the only negative is my mcat score, especially the 8 in ps and more so the 7 in vr, bc 10 in bs and a Q is fine, other than that i feel like my app. is pretty good for md schools, i hope at least lol

I would go ahead and submit the application. With that high GPA and great ECs, I think you are going to be fine if you can improve your MCAT by few points. Good luck!