Dental Should I apply this cycle if retaking a prerequisite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had previously felt like I should wait until 2021 to apply for this reason: A couple years ago I got a D+ in a general chemistry lab, and I was planning on retaking it in my Spring 2020 semester. Because of COVID-19 the lab was canceled and I now am retaking the lab during the Fall 2020 semester. I wanted to wait until 2021 so that my application would reflect that I retook the class and got a high grade, and I felt that just saying that I would retake the class would look really bad on my application. Since that semester my grades have improved. My last semester I got a 4.0, and my cumulative GPA is a 3.63. Yesterday I took my DAT and got an AA of 23. Because it is a high score, I am now considering applying THIS cycle. Do you think that it would be worth it to apply super late, with the D+, and let them know that I am retaking the lab? Should I wait until I retake?
If you haven't already retaken the prerequisite you may have some trouble with your application. You have to pass those prerequisites.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.