Should I apply this cycle or wait to apply next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgogogostudy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took DAT, and it is not competitive (18AA and some 16s) at all. My GPA is 3.7. I know that applying now is already late.. I heard that it is very difficult to get in state school without competitive stats if you submit application in August. Should I wait for next cycle to increase my DAT and try to get in my state school? I feel very rushed. I don't want to attend extremely expensive private school.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took DAT, and it is not competitive (18AA and some 16s) at all. My GPA is 3.7. I know that applying now is already late.. I heard that it is very difficult to get in state school without competitive stats if you submit application in August. Should I wait for next cycle to increase my DAT and try to get in my state school? I feel very rushed. I don't want to attend extremely expensive private school.

Why did you post this last year, saying your DAT was a 23AA? Chances? Am I competitive enough?

Anywho, I'd probably apply next cycle since there's somewhat of mismatch between your GPA & your DAT score. An 18 is below average and definitely not enough to offset a late app, but it may possibly get you into privates (the expensive ones). Since that's not what you want to do, retake your DAT sometime early next year, and apply as soon as the cycle opens.

Why did you post this last year, saying your DAT was a 23AA? Chances? Am I competitive enough?

Anywho, I'd probably apply next cycle since there's somewhat of mismatch between your GPA & your DAT score. An 18 is below average and definitely not enough to offset a late app, but it may possibly get you into privates (the expensive ones). Since that's not what you want to do, retake your DAT sometime early next year, and apply as soon as the cycle opens.

Thank you! That was for my friend's chances!

Take the DAT when you feel you are ready. Don't rush it. You have a better shot if you apply with a higher DAT Score.